Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stormblazer999)
    I think I got something similar in terms of the code - not sure though.

For the logical operations, there were 4 boxes - I got AND OR NOT AND
    What did you put for computational methods (parallel and sequential)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damndaniel2)
    i got select (id, description)
    from tblname
    where id = 'g'
    order by (id) i thought it said to order by the id or something haha

also order by automatically means ascending so asc is not needed.

For the question on the back i did so bad. I did something like:

R1 = 0
    r2 = 0
    r3 = 0

rr1 = r1 + 1
    rr2 = r2 + 2
    rr3 = r3 + 4

if r5 = 0
    print (int(r1*r2*r3))
    else
    print (int(r5 - 1))

something like that and i know this is defo wrong!

For the logical operations one i think i put:

And
    or
    not

i think lol wbu?

posted from tsr mobile
    or or and not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Oh yh I put AND at the end as well haha. How many marks was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 delicious marks. Good job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obi_xtra)
    or or and not
    Some people put that but the majority put AND OR NOT AND because:

How can the first box be OR? It needs to be a value that's larger than or equal to 1 AS WELL AS less than or equal to 5 in order to become a weekday.

And the third box is definitely NOT.

ReputationRep:
    4 delicious marks. Good job.
    Hahaha thank you. For the truth table thing what did u say for the reason why people use it? I said it's used to find logical errors as they are hard to detect and fix because the error in the code occurred without the program realising it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you put for computational methods (parallel and sequential)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that was pretty okay.

I just said that sequential models execute line by line, from start to finish, in a linear fashion. Parallel models execute in parallel and simultaneously on multiple processing devices. Parallel models are more productive/efficient/faster than linear models because more than one task is being performed at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha thank you. For the truth table thing what did u say for the reason why people use it? I said it's used to find logical errors as they are hard to detect and fix because the error in the code occurred without the program realising it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm, it didn't ask why a TRACE TABLE is used. It asked the PURPOSE OF THE ALGORITHM. I forgot what I put in as an answer though.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it didn't ask why a TRACE TABLE is used. It asked the PURPOSE OF THE ALGORITHM. I forgot what I put in as an answer though.
    Yh sorry that's what I meant. And loool I always get mixed up with a trace table and truth table

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that was pretty okay.

I just said that sequential models execute line by line, from start to finish, in a linear fashion. Parallel models execute in parallel and simultaneously on multiple processing devices. Parallel models are more productive/efficient/faster than linear models because more than one task is being performed at the same time.
    Yup that's what I put, however, I didn't talk about multiprocessing devices

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also for the pseudocode one where you had to change bits of the pseudocode to reach the requirements what did you put? I created a constant variable and made two other variables called Area and Area2 and set them to 0. I added an input as well cos we want it to work with every number

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh sorry that's what I meant. And loool I always get mixed up with a trace table and truth table

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, either way tbh, I don't think you'll get the mark because I don't think finding logical errors had to do with the algorithm. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Well, either way tbh, I don't think you'll get the mark because I don't think finding logical errors had to do with the algorithm. Sorry
    I just checked the internet and on various sites it says that I got it correct lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just checked the internet and on various sites it says that I got it correct lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? Well done man. Sorry for reducing your confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Well done man. Sorry for reducing your confidence.
    Hahaha no it's fine Also for the codes do you think I got like nearly full marks for them or even full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha no it's fine Also for the codes do you think I got like nearly full marks for them or even full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say full marks IMO. They seem like they covered everything.

ReputationRep:
    I would say full marks IMO. They seem like they covered everything.
    Oh hopefully! I really want that A* hahaha. I really need someone to create an unofficial mark scheme but it seems like barely anyone does edexcel computer science!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the trace table question? I think i did it right but Im not quite sure

ReputationRep:
    Oh hopefully! I really want that A* hahaha. I really need someone to create an unofficial mark scheme but it seems like barely anyone does edexcel computer science!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, last year only about 540 people in the entire country did edexcel computer science :/

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, last year only about 540 people in the entire country did edexcel computer science :/

Subject Statistics from last year: http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ng_with_1).pdf

First page where it specifies Comp Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synx-b)
    What did you guys get for the trace table question? I think i did it right but Im not quite sure
    I got like 1, 2, 4 and 5? Then 2, 3... Something like that? Not sure. What did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.