Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnhall027)
    yeah same they were really nice with the questions this time i thought, i struggled quite a bit on the Salford housing scheme question tho
    yeah, that's question I also struggled with. I left it till the end and came back to it and just put something down! I think I wrote about how the model image shows a kitchen above a living which reduces space and therefore increases the amount of housing/rooms an area/house has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    It was a picture of an African woman and you had to annotate the figure as to why her having a stove (not a proper oven) would increase her quality of life. I feel like it was in the development gap though, can't remember it being in urbanisation
    That question was a pisstake
    I said "No fire used,so no carbon dioxide or monoxide" and "Her legs are being used,so it shows exercise" lol,...Crap question
    Paper was decent.I was crapping myself cuz i thought i did wrong case studies.I remember for each case study i spent time thinking "Which one".Luckily i picked the right one(discussed all with my teacher).For e.g last question said tropic area tourism..I did kenya..but i thought "Lets see if i could do Tataqura Lodge or EPping forrest".Luckily Kenya was right.So drained from that exam LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *JustARandomGuy*)
    Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...
    **** lmao, i thought the questions were for reasons for the number of tourists to the uk? since tourism has been around a lot longer than since 1992 i think i might be right but idk for sure tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnhall027)
    what do you think grade boundaries are likely to be?
    wasn't a hard paper, but probably around 64 like usual because people struggle with human more, I wouldn't be surprised with them being higher though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TracyEmu)
    People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??
    It was a very tricky question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put when the graph went down like wars and natural disasters and when it increased I put improvements in technology, more places opening up, more disposable income and improvements in transport but not sure if thats right

ReputationRep:
    did anybody else do Galapagos Islands for eco tourism

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I labeled things like Rejuvination and Decline as well as Involvement/Development stage. One of us is wrong...
    I also talked about things like global recession, more disposable income due to emancipation of women and the olympics...

ReputationRep:
    People who did tourism, what did you put for the annotating the graph of tourism change??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i put: travel becoming cheaper, major events (olympics), conflict and terrorism (2005 bombings), bad weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    That question was a pisstake
    I said "No fire used,so no carbon dioxide or monoxide" and "Her legs are being used,so it shows exercise" lol,...Crap question
    Paper was decent.I was crapping myself cuz i thought i did wrong case studies.I remember for each case study i spent time thinking "Which one".Luckily i picked the right one(discussed all with my teacher).For e.g last question said tropic area tourism..I did kenya..but i thought "Lets see if i could do Tataqura Lodge or EPping forrest".Luckily Kenya was right.So drained from that exam LOL
    I didn't mind it. I said the heat from the stove means she's able to sterilise water to prevent cholera/typhoid as well as cleaning her clothes, I annotated the children in the background saying infant mortality would be decreased because food is cooked / more sanitation, I said famine/starvation would be reduced because they are able to cook food and drink cleaner water meaning lower death rates and a start up of development, I said learning to cook using the stove would develop skills, the stove could provide warmth if needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worksmartnothard)
    I also talked about things like global recession, more disposable income due to emancipation of women and the olympics...
    I probably read the question wrong. I had 2 exams today so was quite stressful.

ReputationRep:
    I did Population, Globalisation and Tourism. Globalisation was by far the hardest of the three. All together, Physical Geography is much easier than Human Geography.
    i did exactly the same, did you do ecotourism or mass tourism for the last 8 marker, and which case study for whichever one you did? i did kenya as mass tourism and i talked about trying to incorporate eco tourism to protect the wildlife and stuff I'm not sure if it's right

ReputationRep:
    I probably read the question wrong. I had 2 exams today so was quite stressful.
    Yeah dw about it, only 3 marks and what I've seen from the previous grade boundaries, you can afford to lose up to 15-20 for an a*!!

ReputationRep:
    is this aqa and are there any unofficial mark schemes yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dch187)
    i did exactly the same, did you do ecotourism or mass tourism for the last 8 marker, and which case study for whichever one you did? i did kenya as mass tourism and i talked about trying to incorporate eco tourism to protect the wildlife and stuff I'm not sure if it's right
    I did Kenya but did not talk about any ecotourism.

(Original post by worksmartnothard)
    Yeah dw about it, only 3 marks and what I've seen from the previous grade boundaries, you can afford to lose up to 15-20 for an a*!!
    Yeah but 3 marks is the difference between grades. I messed up in OCR computing today as well. It was a stupid mistake where I added 1's and 0's wrong...

ReputationRep:
    SO DID I, i hope that was right because i labelled the diagram like it was the butler model

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    i talked about the 2005 london bombings, 9/11 in 2001, and the 2008 recession. i added more disposable income to the increase in tourism in 1992 i think it was but that bit was a guess. it was an odd question i agree

ReputationRep:
    If on population, when it asked "what is meant by exponential population growth" I put:

As the population gets bigger, the rate of its growth increases

Will I get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moon.idk)
    SO DID I, i hope that was right because i labelled the diagram like it was the butler model
    Between me and you, I think we read it wrong... Atleast 3 or 4 others were talking about Olympics and bombings... Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I put Galapagos as well 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    What exam board is this?
    AQA (A)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.