The Student Room Group

Most poshest nicest parts of the U.K. To live list

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:party:Luton!:party:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
The poshest/nicest place I can think of is Sloane square which I had the pleasure of living at for 4 years, problem is, it isn't actually that nice and once you get used to there pretty much all other areas of the uk end up looking like a dump.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Solihull, outskirts of Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Parts of Chesire, Kenilworth, and Areas of London :smile:

Leamington Spa is full of drugs and most natives in Kenilworth will look down on you if you have an accent that is 'foreign' to the area or are poor.
Reply 43
Ctrl+F "Gerrard's Cross"
No results
Leaving thread disappointed
Original post by Strawberry68
Leamington Spa is full of drugs and most natives in Kenilworth will look down on you if you have an accent that is 'foreign' to the area or are poor.

O really, I've only ever gone their for a visit, and I've never noticed that, WOW. Maybe Egbaston tho in Birmingham, had my dentist their and some beautiful houses and tht there. :smile:
The biggest con with London is the overcrowding but with yuppies or hipsters who happen to takeover up and coming areas, I mean up and coming just sounds weird.

With central it is nice to driven through the city but walking is a pain.

I could imagine most likely a car being stolen or property being burgled in a rich secluded area.

You got to be pretty unlucky to be robbed on London, where as parts of America it is instant or even in parts of the country.

Students and tourists are most likely to be victims.

With shops you get the generic retail units such popular supermarket chains,gym,estate agent,trendy bar and a charity shop and do not forget the generic apartment's.

And streets littered with leased German cars.
Weird thing I was in a trendy part of east London and was asked multiple times for money
(edited 7 years ago)
I've been to the UK multiple times and I lived in places such as Oxford and Knightsbridge London (I loved all the posh white buildings there)
I've also been to some place called Sandbanks, Google says it's the 4th most expensive place in the world???
Harrogate is nice.
Original post by epoddoulc
Brixton, Peckham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Toxteth, Moss Side, Handsworth, Highgate, Gipton, Harehills

Lmfao I was gonna do this smh
I remember there was once this thread where this person bragged about how they lived in the richest part of london or wateva,
This thread is much nicer :biggrin:
Privet Drive
Some parts of Bedfordshire are nice, Biddenham is extremely posh and wealthy and so are places like Oakley, Goldington etc and Sandy, I would say Luton isn't in there.
Original post by rayestar
I remember there was once this thread where this person bragged about how they lived in the richest part of london or wateva,
This thread is much nicer :biggrin:

Nothing to brag about, and I doubt that person even lives in billionaires row, a street so exclusive that you cannot enter without permission.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Nothing to brag about, and I doubt that person even lives in billionaires row, a street so exclusive that you cannot enter without permission.

yeahh I agree. If he was a biollionaire he wudnt have time to procrastinate in tsr anyway haha :biggrin:
Original post by rayestar
yeahh I agree. If he was a biollionaire he wudnt have time to procrastinate in tsr anyway haha :biggrin:

Typical new money brigade, I mean if your parents or grandparents were on the breadline, you should be humble and appreciative of where you came from.
Its like the rich kids of instagram, I mean cool if you're rich but your money can only go so far.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Typical new money brigade, I mean if your parents or grandparents were on the breadline, you should be humble and appreciative of where you came from.
Its like the rich kids of instagram, I mean cool if you're rich but your money can only go so far.

yeahh. It doesn't mean they have the best personality or anything either... :redface:
Don't know if it's already been said but Chiswick is quite nice.
For the love of all that is holy OP, please fix your full stop key.
SANDBANKS IN POOLE, DORSET, 2ND MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE IN THE UK PER SQ METRE
I SAY THIS BC IM FROM POOLE AND IM PROUD OKAY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I grew up on a council estate in Stretford, Manchester. But that was the 1970's and from what I have learned its now a really nice place to live. Then when I was 16 I went to Ballet School in London. I lived in a student hostel on Frognal, Hampstead. Sting lived over the road from us at number 108 Frognal. We used to all lean out of the window and wave at him !! Michael Williams and his wife Judy Dench lived just around the corner from us, as did lots of other actors. Lovely,lovely place. Our rent was only £40 a week, and the hostel was a house that used to be owned by Charles De Gaulle. You should have seen the garden. The whole area was just utterly lovely. The worst place I ever lived was the Langworthy Estate in Salford,Manchester. But then Home Secretary Jack Straw pumped millions into the area after I left and I hear its quite pleasant now. I moved to Northern Ireland with my two year old son for a better quality of life in 1999, and boy do we have it. We live in a small village,with a few shops and where everyone knows everyone else,and people are lovely and friendly. We have the mountains on our doorstep with spectacular views, and the standard of the education children get in schools here compared to England is second to none.

Quick Reply

Latest