Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most poshest nicest parts of the U.K. To live list watch

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of people here will never in their lifetime be able to afford to live in the most desirable parts of London as you said you Will need to be conceived into a rich family one which has accrued there fortune over many generations however there are exceptions to this like if you win the lottery but even if you win the lottery it is only two or 3 million which in areas outside of London would get you a mansion but is not still enough to be able to afford to live in Knightsbridge Chelsea and even most rich people who could afford to live in Knightsbridge choose not to because of the houses are unreasonably expensive so really it is perhaps stupid people or people who love the city so much who live in These areas

ReputationRep:
    ascot is really nice as well

(Original post by rimstone)
    London Central is a **** hole, i guess once you grow up there, it loses its sparks. There council estates, conor shops, and it just isnt anything great to look at. The nice ares to live in, sometimes you can walk past the areas and there literally **** on the floor, I guess the bin men dont come there often since there always overfilled bags and bins tipped over somehow, the shops are closed down, since no one is buying from them and less people live in roher/nicer areas of london. Honestly london isnt that beautiful, great place to live but not beautiful if you've lived there your whole life. There are a few places that offset it/ go against the trend but overall its pretty ugly, i really dont understand why tourist go into central london, when it aint much too look at ( apart from the sights ofc )
    It depends where you live centrally.....where I live in Central London wherever I go there are tourists....I leave my house and I will never see the same people which can get boring over time.....and the bins get collected every 3 days...where I live I consider it as beautiful...

Too posh to be placed in sentences I guess?

ReputationRep:
    :party:Luton!:party:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    JK

ReputationRep:
    The poshest/nicest place I can think of is Sloane square which I had the pleasure of living at for 4 years, problem is, it isn't actually that nice and once you get used to there pretty much all other areas of the uk end up looking like a dump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Solihull, outskirts of Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Parts of Chesire, Kenilworth, and Areas of London
    Leamington Spa is full of drugs and most natives in Kenilworth will look down on you if you have an accent that is 'foreign' to the area or are poor.

ReputationRep:
    Ctrl+F "Gerrard's Cross"
    No results
    Leaving thread disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry68)
    Leamington Spa is full of drugs and most natives in Kenilworth will look down on you if you have an accent that is 'foreign' to the area or are poor.
    O really, I've only ever gone their for a visit, and I've never noticed that, WOW. Maybe Egbaston tho in Birmingham, had my dentist their and some beautiful houses and tht there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs)
    You must be from Croydon.

I assure you, most of Central London is quite amazing. I live there, go to school there and spend my leisure time there -- have so in my entire 18 years of existence. Every city will have its own little pit of depression and poverty, but even then you'll find pockets of culture and happiness.

The only thing I don't like about London, especially central, is the house pricing. Going towards Fulham, Chelsea and Westminster you won't have a chance to afford the housing unless you've built wealth across a large span of years. But damn, if you do, it feels as if an entire world's worth of enjoyment and variety awaits you.
    nah and why would you think that ? croydon is a pretty random guess IMO

i live north east central london, so yeah im next to many boroughs, hackney, camden , islington and haringey/shoreditch and many other well known places/boroughs are less than 1 hour away from me.and have I've seen most of london. I've also spent 18 years of my existence in the city, watched it grow and form and its great .but not great to look at. i Imagine all cities everywhere are the same though Honestly as someone, whos been to all areas of london, the best and the worst, i can say london aint, nothing great to look at, theres always something wrong or next to something that ruins it. that being said nothing can ever be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Hmm i kind of somewhat agree, I live near what used to be a badish area to live in, though its right next to a park so its wasnt ever not great to look at . Now a bunch of hipster have moved in and are gentrifying the area, the garage was closed down a yeast farm and organic food shop/pub, the florist and an abandon house were made into nice looking flats and the car part have mini shops in it. The area is now a nicer place to live in, i guess but with people, these hipster, come a bunch of trash and people to an area that was pretty quite back in the day. They also swarm to the park, which was always near empty, they cover the area and park,with crap and beer bottle, have BBQ's ect. The area is nicer i guess, but more people bring more crap with them. Also the prices have gone up thanks to them, and what used to useable/needed shops closed down to make somewhat useless hipster ones.

The rich ares are what i said, i walked past them and the services lack greatly. The shops a few and less common, since there less people about. more charity shops since they don't pay taxes or whatever and can take up the closed shop. sometimes they more unclean than the dirtier areas of london, since it seem their bin men dont come as often. your also more likely to get robbed in a rich area, since people come from other areas to teh rich one, to rob people. Getting robbed is pretty uncommon though .

overall i kind of see your point, but i gotta disagree. All area are pretty crap, come with cons and pros, but overall london still aint nothing great to look at.

The biggest con with London is the overcrowding but with yuppies or hipsters who happen to takeover up and coming areas, I mean up and coming just sounds weird.

With central it is nice to driven through the city but walking is a pain.

I could imagine most likely a car being stolen or property being burgled in a rich secluded area.

You got to be pretty unlucky to be robbed on London, where as parts of America it is instant or even in parts of the country.

Students and tourists are most likely to be victims.

With shops you get the generic retail units such popular supermarket chains,gym,estate agent,trendy bar and a charity shop and do not forget the generic apartment's.

And streets littered with leased German cars.
    Weird thing I was in a trendy part of east London and was asked multiple times for money

ReputationRep:
    I've been to the UK multiple times and I lived in places such as Oxford and Knightsbridge London (I loved all the posh white buildings there)
    I've also been to some place called Sandbanks, Google says it's the 4th most expensive place in the world???

ReputationRep:
    Harrogate is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epoddoulc)
    Brixton, Peckham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Toxteth, Moss Side, Handsworth, Highgate, Gipton, Harehills
    Lmfao I was gonna do this smh

ReputationRep:
    I remember there was once this thread where this person bragged about how they lived in the richest part of london or wateva,
    This thread is much nicer

ReputationRep:
    Privet Drive
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Some parts of Bedfordshire are nice, Biddenham is extremely posh and wealthy and so are places like Oakley, Goldington etc and Sandy, I would say Luton isn't in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    I remember there was once this thread where this person bragged about how they lived in the richest part of london or wateva,
    This thread is much nicer

Nothing to brag about, and I doubt that person even lives in billionaires row, a street so exclusive that you cannot enter without permission.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Nothing to brag about, and I doubt that person even lives in billionaires row, a street so exclusive that you cannot enter without permission.
    yeahh I agree. If he was a biollionaire he wudnt have time to procrastinate in tsr anyway haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    yeahh I agree. If he was a biollionaire he wudnt have time to procrastinate in tsr anyway haha

Typical new money brigade, I mean if your parents or grandparents were on the breadline, you should be humble and appreciative of where you came from.
    Its like the rich kids of instagram, I mean cool if you're rich but your money can only go so far.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.