Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you feel more British or more European? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you feel more British or more European?
    British
    78.26%
    European
    21.74%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Although I have a British EU passport and was born here, and my genes go back here to pre-British times,

I feel more Japanese than anything else, I like the outfits, ideally I think I would be a Japanese American living
    in California.
    Given it a bit more thought.
    Still think the same, I mean how to you "feel" a nationality or culture?

I like the idea of sun sea techno gadgets and sea food cooking on a bar-b-q on a beach - but I don't know what that is as a nationality...

How do you lot go about this "feeling" thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Given it a bit more thought.
    Still think the same, I mean how to you "feel" a nationality or culture?

I like the idea of sun sea techno gadgets and sea food cooking on a bar-b-q on a beach - but I don't know what that is as a nationality...

How do you lot go about this "feeling" thing?
    Aussie?*

*I'm only basing this on stereotypes gained from TV having unfortunately never been there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Aussie?*

*I'm only basing this on stereotypes gained from TV having unfortunately never been there.
    Well that sort of proves my point. I thought it was Japanese Mix with Californian.. Whereas you thought it was the other side of the world -

So my point is how do you know that you feel British or European - just look at the above example - you could be wrong by about 5,000 miles or more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.