Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Maths FOUNDATION Calculator 9th June UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I am an ex maths teacher. If anyone can get a hold of the actual papers I would be happy to work out the answers for both the non calculator and calculator and post them up for all to see....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbhikarry)
    Hi all. I am an ex maths teacher. If anyone can get a hold of the actual papers I would be happy to work out the answers for both the non calculator and calculator and post them up for all to see....
    That would be really helpful.. Do you know what the 1st 2nd and 3rd terms would be of 6- 2n....? I got 4, 10, 16, but think its wrong...

ReputationRep:
    hiya. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd terms would be 4, 2 and 0

1st term = 6 - (2x 1) = 4

2nd term = 6 - (2x 2) = 2

3rd term = 6 - (2x3) = 0

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jbhikarry;65653009]hiya. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd terms would be 4, 2 and 0

2nd term = 6 -
    Oh i see, thank you.. Do you think ill get 1 mark for saying 4 as the first term? Hopefully haha, every little helps!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=studentnurse81;65653381]

2nd term = 6 -
    Oh i see, thank you.. Do you think ill get 1 mark for saying 4 as the first term? Hopefully haha, every little helps!

It depends on how many marks were given for the question. If the question was worth 3 marks you might just get 1 mark. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=studentnurse81;65653381]

2nd term = 6 -
    Hi are you a student nurse studying maths alongside your course ? Hope that's possible for me as I'm worried I might not have passed this exam. I didn't realise there was a graph to do with the frequency table obviously didn't read question.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Bradford-29;65655935]
    (Original post by studentnurse81)

Hi are you a student nurse studying maths alongside your course ? Hope that's possible for me as I'm worried I might not have passed this exam. I didn't realise there was a graph to do with the frequency table obviously didn't read question.
    I havent actually started yet either.
    It depends on the uni , some allow it some dont. You could try for functinal skills course over summer hols..just to be on the safe side though..

ReputationRep:
    what are your hours at uni like as a student nurse? I am asking because I like tutoring adults or students who have left school. I have been wondering how to find some students and was wondering if there would be any interest to being tutored during the summer holidays with the aim of students writing the exam in November...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=studentnurse81;65656263]
    (Original post by Bradford-29)
    I havent actually started yet either.
    It depends on the uni , some allow it some dont. You could try for functinal skills course over summer hols..just to be on the safe side though..
    Thanks that's a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    Q23. Work out volume of cylinder; radius of base is 6cm, height is 15cm

Q20b multiply previous term by 2 and then add 3. 3rd term is 31, work out the first term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whazzup)
    Q23. Work out volume of cylinder; radius of base is 6cm, height is 15cm

Q20b multiply previous term by 2 and then add 3. 3rd term is 31, work out the first term
    Wasn't it subtract 3 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly0103)
    Wasn't it subtract 3 ?
    Yeah it was subtract 3 so you just had to do the opposite

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea what the past boundary for C might be ?

ReputationRep:
    It has recently been in the lower 60's but can also be as high as 70.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ste599)
    Yeah it was subtract 3 so you just had to do the opposite
    I got the answer of 10 ?
    Is this correct ?

ReputationRep:
    I worked it out to be -4,-2,0.

I can't remember how many marks this question was for though.

The N stands for position. So for position 1 it would be 6-2x1=4. Position 2 would be 6-2x2= 2. Position 3 would be 6-2x3= 0

ReputationRep:
    I got the answer of 10 ?
    Is this correct ?
    yep

1st term 10
    2nd 17
    3rd 31

ReputationRep:
    So many different answers to this question being posted. I wish I could see the original question then I would be able to say for sure what's the correct answer. (Ex maths teacher)

ReputationRep:
    No mate that answer I posted above was about the question below you had to multiple the previous term and takeaway 3. You needed to find the first term when the third term was 31

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually arguing over the answers for the Foundation Tier? You're putting more effort into the arguing than the actual GCSE itself; you all should have done Higher Tier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.