Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Any disease that helps one tell the difference between dust and clay should be proactively contracted. :yep:
    What if it promotes incest? :teehee:

(I actually made that distinction btw :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Fasting does, indeed, have a number of health benefits but the way most Muslims do it now isn't good. They don't eat all day and then they go straight in to some very fatty, oily foods when it's iftar time. That is actually very very bad for you. Many also don't eat good food during suhur which is just as bad considering this is what's supposed to keep you going all day.

So yes, fasting has its benefits but not the way most Muslims* do it.
    Asians*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    Look there are an abundant sources online, from reliable sources that say fasting has many benefits (obviously when done correctly in terms of your diet during fasting). But even on social media platforms like YouTube, I don't know if you follow any fitness instructors/coaches online but they will tell you, and you can find these videos on YouTube, how fasting can be good for you and how to maximize the benefits of Ramadan fasting in particular. Also, you could ask a Doctor. Or even go on the NHS website.

It's best go to reliable professionals in this field and see what they say.

Good day!
    So find the source then.

(Original post by champ_mc99)
    What if it promotes incest? :teehee:
    Ah, I see you have fallen for Tawheed's propaganda. Well, it was nice knowing you. :yep:

(I actually made that distinction btw :lol:)
    Sure you did, champ, sure you did. :console:
    Asians*
    Racist.

ReputationRep:
    Asians*
    Africans are no different.

A quick Google search tells me that 62% of Muslims live in Asia Pacific anyway and this doesn't include those living in the West. And, as I said, Africans (namely, North Africans) aren't very different.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with saying 'Muslims'... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Racist.
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Africans are no different.

A quick Google search tells me that 62% of Muslims live in Asia Pacific anyway and this doesn't include those living in the West. And, as I said, Africans (namely, North Africans) aren't very different.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with saying 'Muslims'... :erm:
    Lol it was just a joke guys (though pretty accurate nonetheless ). I'm Asian too so I have a personal experience with oily, fatty fried food. *shudders*
    My Asian Hindu friends eat similar.

Lol it was just a joke guys (though pretty accurate nonetheless ). I'm Asian too so I have a personal experience with oily, fatty fried food. *shudders*
    Ah, I see. It's assumed, given your membership of a certain esteemed organisation, that you are limited in the humour department. Well done on defying the trend. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My Asian Hindu friends eat similar.
    Sorry...

Don't eat oily, fatty food after fasting. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see. It's assumed, given your membership of a certain esteemed organisation, that you are limited in the humour department. Well done on defying the trend. :yep:
    "organisation" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    This isn't intermittent fasting though. What don't you get about that?

This working all day in what is quite warm weather at the moment eating and drinking nothing all day. Thats is not healthy and sort of behaviour that leads to fainting. Or are you doing to tell me that fainting is a new fad diet?
    if it gets to the point of fainting, you dont fast, it is simple.
    Humans can go 3 days without water, so maximum of 19 hours is doable, however, if you feel it is not doable, you don't do it. So the matter whether it is healthy or not is down to the individual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakedbeans247)
    There are a lot of bodybuilders/fitness trainers online that I could list. But just go on YouTube and find some videos on this topic by them if you need convincing that they do in-fact endorse/approve of Ramadan fasting and the health benefits. Best to ask reliable professionals like doctors too or those studying the related fields. On the NHS website you can find some articles of Ramadan fasting if you're interested.
    I'm not saying it's unhealthy (as long as you do it properly and safely), I'm just saying it's very different to intermittent fasting so you shouldn't use that as a reason why Ramadan fasting is alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    if it gets to the point of fainting, you dont fast, it is simple.
    Humans can go 3 days without water, so maximum of 19 hours is doable, however, if you feel it is not doable, you don't do it. So the matter whether it is healthy or not is down to the individual.
    I don't think you understand Ramadan at all...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you understand Ramadan at all...
    I do, but im simply saying, that if it is simply physically impossible for you, then it is not upon you to fast. You can do it in other ways, eg feeding people who are fasting etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbrownbeast)
    I do, but im simply saying, that if it is simply physically impossible for you, then it is not upon you to fast. You can do it in other ways, eg feeding people who are fasting etc
    That isn't how religion works.

ReputationRep:
    That isn't how religion works.
    Okay, if you say so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.