Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15th June: Can you ever have too many friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    I see friends as people who I am able to have a decent conversation with and who I know pretty well. So I think although you can't have too many friends, you can have too many best friends. For example I would say I am friends with around 100 people out of 150 in my year. However of that I would say I only have around 6 or 7 best friends. Best friends are people who you spend most of your time with and are people you can fully trust and tell everything. I would say you cant have more than around 10 or so best friends (however it depends from person to person).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujjaval_d)
    I see friends as people who I am able to have a decent conversation with and who I know pretty well. So I think although you can't have too many friends, you can have too many best friends. For example I would say I am friends with around 100 people out of 150 in my year. However of that I would say I only have around 6 or 7 best friends. Best friends are people who you spend most of your time with and are people you can fully trust and tell everything. I would say you cant have more than around 10 or so best friends (however it depends from person to person).
    Wow you are quite the social butterfly!

I would say that I have around 8 friends, but around 100 or so acquaintances. I agree that a friend must be someone who you have a decent conversation with and who you know pretty well, the trouble is that some of the friends I used to have I've been out of touch with and as such don't really know what they are doing in college atm, if they have a job, etc; I know who they used to be, but not who they are now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    not friends, not enemies, just some strangers with some memories <3
    Too many friends equal too many enimies and fallouts

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of penfriends I have never met and we are so close it's unbelievable yet I saw a mate who I hadn't seen in months and it was like talking to a complete stranger. We both had no reaction from seeing her and it was like seeing someone from a very past and not present life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.