http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpRQb7unKwU
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications...244-from-2012/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    oh right, i thought he made a typo and meant 'sim/diff of electrolysis, my bad Uh tell me about it, i hate titrations. I'm cramming everything now, havent even got to that lool. At least you feel confident about some of it, the only stuff i like is the environment, graphite/diamond and history of periodic table. I'm screwed with C456 basically but i did well on C123 so it should be ok :dontknow: good luck to you
    Yeah C123 was good, but I'm hoping tomorrow's exam is nice as well as C7 is definitely where I'm going to fall down - it's one of the few exams that I've actually prepared for earlier than the night before - that shows how scared I am for it!

I've been cramming since 4 and tbh nothing's going in! I'm pretty confident with C4 as I find it all really easy (it was the first unit we did in year 10 back when I loved chemistry ) but C5 and C6 are tough. I haven't reached titrations or anything like that either. All I'm saying is thank GOD we've got the morning!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Yeah C123 was good, but I'm hoping tomorrow's exam is nice as well as C7 is definitely where I'm going to fall down - it's one of the few exams that I've actually prepared for earlier than the night before - that shows how scared I am for it!

I've been cramming since 4 and tbh nothing's going in! I'm pretty confident with C4 as I find it all really easy (it was the first unit we did in year 10 back when I loved chemistry ) but C5 and C6 are tough. I haven't reached titrations or anything like that either. All I'm saying is thank GOD we've got the morning!!!
    I hope it's nice, but i don't think it will be :puppyeyes: I think tomorrow's will be my worst, I'm pretty good at C7. Hahah don't be scared, you've revised lots so you should have a lot of knowledge.
    I've had to revise for history the whole weekend, so I've only had tonight to do C456 you seem to like c4, i find it alright but boring. All the modules just merge into one tbh. Ah I know thank Christ we have a few hours tomorrow - that will probs be past papers. Be kind OCR! :please:

ReputationRep:
    Best resource, quick and easy, thank me later
    https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/..._21st_century1
    https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/..._21st_century1
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I hope it's nice, but i don't think it will be :puppyeyes: I think tomorrow's will be my worst, I'm pretty good at C7. Hahah don't be scared, you've revised lots so you should have a lot of knowledge.
    I've had to revise for history the whole weekend, so I've only had tonight to do C456 you seem to like c4, i find it alright but boring. All the modules just merge into one tbh. Ah I know thank Christ we have a few hours tomorrow - that will probs be past papers. Be kind OCR! :please:
    Eee I hope it's nice!! And I know, I've still got a bit of time to calm some nerves to learn everything properly for C7, so that's a bonus
    Wow well done for that - luckily I didn't do I focused on science obviously, and I still don't feel prepared (although I have procrastinated like mad, shh )
    The only reason I like it is because I find it easy, same with most things really haha
    Yeah I'll do a past paper tomorrow - we already did all of them in class but we never did 2015 so I'll do that. Although I've only got the paper so won't be able to actually mark it hey ho.

Good luck though, and let's hope OCR want to keep up their kind streak!!

ReputationRep:
    Eee I hope it's nice!! And I know, I've still got a bit of time to calm some nerves to learn everything properly for C7, so that's a bonus
    Wow well done for that - luckily I didn't do I focused on science obviously, and I still don't feel prepared (although I have procrastinated like mad, shh )
    The only reason I like it is because I find it easy, same with most things really haha
    Yeah I'll do a past paper tomorrow - we already did all of them in class but we never did 2015 so I'll do that. Although I've only got the paper so won't be able to actually mark it hey ho.

Good luck though, and let's hope OCR want to keep up their kind streak!!
    Yeah, it's great that we have until the 22nd for C7 i won't tell anyone you procrastinated as long as you do the same for me. Omg looking at the past papers scared the hell out of me. Uuuuh biology is lovely compared to this Hahah i don't find c4 at all easy. The only time I've looked at the past papers was like an hour ago, oops. And thanks, I really hope it goes well for us both. #Optimism! I should sleep, good night
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, it's great that we have until the 22nd for C7 i won't tell anyone you procrastinated as long as you do the same for me. Omg looking at the past papers scared the hell out of me. Uuuuh biology is lovely compared to this Hahah i don't find c4 at all easy. The only time I've looked at the past papers was like an hour ago, oops. And thanks, I really hope it goes well for us both. #Optimism! I should sleep, good night
    Yeah it is! And ok your secret's safe
    The past papers are OK until you get to C6 for me, that's why I'm really focusing on it now and tomorrow! I just hate additional science in general (other than physics )
    Yeah I hope it goes well for us both too! Good night

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananya._c)
    Good luck everyone :d
    You too

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain the process of chemical synthesis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realsmilee)
    Can anyone explain the process of chemical synthesis?
    Chemical synthesis is the process of making chemicals. It is important in making food additives , fertilisers, dyestuffs,paints,pigments and pharmaceuticals

ReputationRep:
    Can we all just make a pact to do really badly so they'll lower the grade boundaries?

(But good luck everyone, do your best!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladays)
    Can we all just make a pact to do really badly so they'll lower the grade boundaries?

(But good luck everyone, do your best!)
    Sorry but no, i need a A* in this LOL

Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steampunk_Turtle)
    So when did you do core?
    Oh in year 10 i done c1234567 and p1234567
    But in year 11 im doing b1234567

ReputationRep:
    i talked about electrons instead of ions in the 6 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is! And ok your secret's safe
    The past papers are OK until you get to C6 for me, that's why I'm really focusing on it now and tomorrow! I just hate additional science in general (other than physics )
    Yeah I hope it goes well for us both too! Good night
    Yup same i don't like additional science, especially after today's exam it wasn't awful but i just thought it was unfair that they didn't cover the key topics. I did well on the 6 markers i think, but the other 1/2/3 markers i strugged with. I'm officially worried now lol. Hate ocr more than i did yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmedismail_1)
    i talked about electrons instead of ions in the 6 mark question?
    Did you talk about conducting electricity?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that exam was quite odd? I thought most the questions were very ambiguous and didn't really stick to specific topics.
    Hoping that the mark scheme was kind.

ReputationRep:
    Well looks like I didn't need that pact because that paper was ****ing dreadful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eviemason)
    Anyone else think that exam was quite odd? I thought most the questions were very ambiguous and didn't really stick to specific topics.
    Hoping that the mark scheme was kind.
    yeah totally how i feel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.