Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else thought the exam was actually ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CynicalRaven)
    I asssume you mean special order, I pointed out how they would be making a loss for the first two months and thus could worsen their cashflow issues, how the profit margin for the order is considerably lower and thus could worsen profit issues. However, they haven't secured any other orders so they can't exactly be picky and the promotion could lead to more customers. Overall, they should take it.

For the leadership, improved moral by greater wages, train the employees and change of leadership style.
    Could you also say that other companies may also expect a similar reduction in price so overall their profit margin is less than what it could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikesh971)
    Hey CynicalRaven, one thing that question wanted to catch you out on was that , could snowdon actually manufacture that much? 1142 products per day. Operate 5 days a week. 2 months is 8 weeks average. This equates to around 45000. If they attempted to push production hours to 7 days, that would equatw to around 63000. And the magazine want a million! Morale of employees was already low so do you really want to try extending working hours?! I think i may be right even though it wasnt directly linked! Goodnluck anyway, pretty decent paper. Btw what options didnyou choose for the 20 marker?
    Well it said they produced 9.6 (might have been 9.8) million a year which gives you 800k per month and the order was for 1 million for two months so I think they could. Labour productivity per day doesn't equate to 1 actual day as you can see by the fact that the total of working days for 2014 was something like 8860 days?...

I choose three options Herbal lozenge, Name and Organic. Name was my last rushed sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPFM)
    Could you also say that other companies may also expect a similar reduction in price so overall their profit margin is less than what it could be?
    I'm not sure sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the sequence of the critical
    Path on the gantt chart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyB123)
    Who else thought the exam was actually ok?
    Yup I think it went okay although I could see how people struggled and personally I didn't like the 20 markers and 14 marker. For the 14 would have preferred something like staffing issues and for the 20 mark not limiting choice is a bit of a pain to structure. Also, I think my QWC is quite low for the 20marker.

ReputationRep:
    And did anyone get 30 or the answer 60 somewhere on the gantt chart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by palirules18)
    And did anyone get 30 or the answer 60 somewhere on the gantt chart
    If you mean float time then yes I actually can't remember which one too :P .

ReputationRep:
    If you mean float time then yes I actually can't remember which one too :P .
    Ahh damn alright

ReputationRep:
    For the impact of finalising a business aim I wrote a business aim commuicates the overall purpose and direction of the business to external stakeholders therefore it will be crucial to finalise the aim so it's more likely the stakeholders will support you

ReputationRep:
    What did you write about the different marketing strategy? I said product - change packaging as it states in case study, can't remember another one and the last one just different promotion as they have different customer bases

ReputationRep:
    What did you write about the different marketing strategy? I said product - change packaging as it states in case study, can't remember another one and the last one just different promotion as they have different customer bases
    Price, high end liquoirce vs mass market lozenges thus low price
    Promotion, health magazines vs high end magazines (that one is really yiffy just becuase of the way I worded it)
    Place, supermarkets for lozenges vs high end dept store for licquirsh

I'm quite sure that your point is more than valid.

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for how Chas' innovate style might affect the strategic planning? (Something like that)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jones4224)
    What did people write for how Chas' innovate style might affect the strategic planning? (Something like that)?
    That one threw me, I put he is more likely to take on high risk and he is less likely to care about hight costs as r and d is generally quite expensive. I think you could also put conflict maybe..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I said how he is likely to make risky decisions and that he may make decisions too quickly without thinking them through properly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the sequence of the critical
    Path on the gantt chart
    I just put everything in their order accept for the activities with slack. I'm not sure if that's right though

ReputationRep:
    Yup I think it went okay although I could see how people struggled and personally I didn't like the 20 markers and 14 marker. For the 14 would have preferred something like staffing issues and for the 20 mark not limiting choice is a bit of a pain to structure. Also, I think my QWC is quite low for the 20marker.
    I'm sure you've done fine, I was just happy there was no critical path or decision trees!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.