They sell it in big cans!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    They sell it in big cans!
    Oh, not on the street corner then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Oh, not on the street corner then?
    :eek: Look, I don't know what you've been hearing, but Clare girls aren't loving in that sort of way!

Clare love is just a little concept thought up by me and shiny. He's been defeated by it (wielded Matrix-stylee by moi) already

And as for how we're so nice, I don't know, we just are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JUSTaGIRL)
    Thought this link might be of interest:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...255995,00.html

Whoever said Queen's is poor is clearly talking nonsense.

It doesn't surprise me that so many colleges are running at a defecit when they fritter so much away on things like the SCR Wine List. :rolleyes:
    Not a comprehensive list though is it? Not all the Colls are represented. If they didn't have access to all the information, it makes you wonder if they are also missing info on the Colls they chose to include...

Also, it's ranked by assets - you need to consider the surplus deficit too.

The main reason I chose the college I did was one common room for all. therefor SCR wine list = MCR wine list

ReputationRep:
    With £202million I presume St Johns are not going to sign a deal with Jarvis to develop their facilities......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    With £202million I presume St Johns are not going to sign a deal with Jarvis to develop their facilities......
    LMAO!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    And I'll be in deepest, darkest Cambridge, as won't really care. And they're all allegations anyway, with little to no evidence too suggest they're true.
    What? No proof? The journalists who pulled that sting taped the whole thing. People resigned over it. They were much more than allegations.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm so if Catz are doing so well financially why the hell is there a more than 10% rate rise? nasty people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Hmm so if Catz are doing so well financially why the hell is there a more than 10% rate rise? nasty people!
    Cos in Oxford, rises in costs are tied to the Van Norden index which is always much higher than inflation.

Think yourself lucky. Some colleges are popping 20% on top of current costs for 2004!

ReputationRep:
    or trying something like 34% over 3 years..sob.

although a little scholar's award may help to offset some of that..

(sorry..shameless proudness creeping though! i finally sort of have exam results in writing! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)

(sorry..shameless proudness creeping though! i finally sort of have exam results in writing! )
    Are you a scholar now? coola! Scholars gowns are much better than the commoners one - waste of fabric! Although they do help grads spot who they can oust from pub benches on Matriculation day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)

So you're at Catz Elles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Little is a bit of an over statement, I prefer tiny. £120pa (or whatever it was) didn't go far, the gown costs £50 for starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Are you a scholar now? coola! Scholars gowns are much better than the commoners one - waste of fabric! Although they do help grads spot who they can oust from pub benches on Matriculation day
    thanks.. well..not yet (optimistic!).. but just got a distinction in my prelims though..yay! so fingers crossed..i want a pretty gown!

(although it only downhill from now.. no..must not think pessimistic thoughts!)

not from st Catz - i think rent hikes are a fairly common throughout the uni at the mo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    thanks.. well..not yet (optimistic!).. but just got a distinction in my prelims though..yay! so fingers crossed..i want a pretty gown!

(although it only downhill from now.. no..must not think pessimistic thoughts!)

not from st Catz - i think rent hikes are a fairly common throughout the uni at the mo.
    yeah i know, just I'd heard the 34% figure branded about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Yes they are - God damn Bursars Club. They get together 6 times a year and come up with a common stratagy.

Costs are rising across the board - including in the graduate colls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Yes they are - God damn Bursars Club. They get together 6 times a year and come up with a common stratagy.

Costs are rising across the board - including in the graduate colls!
    Is that not a pricefixing cartel? If Public schools are getting prosecuted, why on earth aren't the colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    Is that not a pricefixing cartel? If Public schools are getting prosecuted, why on earth aren't the colleges?
    Cos they are all evil! Even the nice ones! Can't go into College politics without making the Bursar Public Enemy Number 1. Even if he gives you nice wine!

The Van Noorden index is essentially a price fixing cartel (except it's all in the open!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Congratulations - very impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JUSTaGIRL)
    A certain Bursar is trying to have a much-loved college cat put down... :mad:
    Ahh! Mr Church?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.