The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="2016;65685895" westboy="westboy"]
Original post by sulaimanali
A* max 165 hopefully. Min 160.

In the exam i got about 162 - 164 will that be enough for an A*
i am so stressed out about it as i made some stupid mistakes and it may cost me the as by like 1-2 marks :s-smilie::redface:

DW. Same here...
Original post by SamuraiSami
Hi, I am currently in yr 10 and we are having a new style of gcse. I am going to be doing the 2017 maths gcse so its 3 papers one non calculator and the other two are calculator.
I just wanted to know how to prepare for it since there are no past papers that will help with revision and do tutors help with revision, since mine has a level questions in it?

Just do the past papers. I guess that's the only way... The government and exam boards keep changing it every year it's so fu**ing annyoing
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
Thanks I just really don't want to do Maths again next year so I'm hoping to pass but did you like the non-calc paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i found it difficult but Calc was so easier.
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Just do the past papers. I guess that's the only way... The government and exam boards keep changing it every year it's so fu**ing annyoing

Yeah exactly, i totally agree! "The government and exam boards keep changing it every year it's so fu**ing annyoing" Thanks the for advice and good luck with your exams!
The Grade Boundaries shown below shows the marks you need to GUARANTEE that grade. These are 'safe grade boundaries' so to speak. Based on previous years, the upper grade Boundaries have historically been, across both papers, roughly:
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70
Original post by ShaikhaAlK
The Grade Boundaries shown below shows the marks you need to GUARANTEE that grade. These are 'safe grade boundaries' so to speak. Based on previous years, the upper grade Boundaries have historically been, across both papers, roughly:
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70

Is it just me or is the grade boundary for the B grade too high?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh exactly.Highest a B has been was 102 i believe.
For the past 3 June papers it was 95,95,94 i think.Nov 2015 was 98..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep in mind that these were the highest possible grades to guarantee you the grade and might not be anywhere near the actual boundaries that will be released in August x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending