Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could I get arrested/into major trouble for this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    How do you work that one out? He has quite clearly harassed her.
    From the law I just quoted.

Couldn't you just let it go and move on? What did she do that was so bad for you to even do that?

And I don't think you'll get into major trouble with the police, maybe just a warning and a caution you to stay away from her.

I think its going over your head completely how much trouble you cna get yourself into with this sort of behaviour. You keep going on about how she deserved it and how immature she was, yet your acts have been potentially criminal and getting a conviction can cause you a lot of grief.

Just move on. or next time things could be a lot more serious.

Your true friends wont be bothered, but some of them will think you were out of order in what you did.
    I know. My mistake. To be honest, I wanted to get back together and I guess I felt hurt more than anything and I lashed out. I hate myself for doing it now. Because now feel guilt and pain and I miss her too.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Couldn't you just let it go and move on? What did she do that was so bad for you to even do that?

And I don't think you'll get into major trouble with the police, maybe just a warning and a caution you to stay away from her.
    I should do that I guess. We broke up and then she said some hurtful stuff to me (I don't want to go into details). I wanted for us to try and sort things out between us but she wouldn't have it, and I guess I was losing it and I in the heat of the moments just sent some emails out of anger and hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    Flee to the high mountains of Nepal bro, it's your only hope
    your picture!! im so gassed to watch suicide squad this summer asdfghjljfgda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    your picture!! im so gassed to watch suicide squad this summer asdfghjljfgda
    Yeaah, Jared Leto and Margot Robbie will be sick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    It really depends on what you've said, but revealing secrets isn't against the law - just being a bitter tw*t
    Revealing secrets isn't against the law .. Unless you're holding national security type secrets... Or unless its threatening and damaging to a person.. But the actual act of telling others secrets is not against the law .. its gossip...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Wether you get arrested or not you should learn your lesson and never do it again. If you don't get arrested this time you might get arrested next time.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I should do that I guess. We broke up and then she said some hurtful stuff to me (I don't want to go into details). I wanted for us to try and sort things out between us but she wouldn't have it, and I guess I was losing it and I in the heat of the moments just sent some emails out of anger and hurt.
    If I was in her shoes I would report you as well to the police.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    If I was in her shoes I would report you as well to the police.
    On the one hand the OP keeps saying he regrets it and the other she deserved it.

Maybe the regret is merelt in getting caught. I've tried to draw it to his attention the seriousness of harassing someone, but not sure it went in.

On the one hand the OP keeps saying he regrets it and the other she deserved it.

Maybe the regret is merelt in getting caught. I've tried to draw it to his attention the seriousness of harassing someone, but not sure it went in.
    Yes she did deserve it but I do regret it, not only because I am afraid of getting caught. Like I said I just did it in the spur of the moments.

I understand the seriousness of it now, believe me.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahha..... a friend of mine broke up with his gf but then posted nudes of her online and tagged all her family ...he only got a small warning for that.......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.