Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Oh FFS. We get it - you're an atheist. I'm not religious either but let people believe in whatever they want to believe in.
    :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    what the ****

I'll never understand some people.
    That was probably one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen. And my cynicism has just increased. How can other human beings reprimand other human beings just because of their sexual orientation? This is as bad as the propaganda used by Nazi Germans to show Jews as paedophiles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    That was probably one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen. And my cynicism has just increased. How can other human beings reprimand other human beings just because of their sexual orientation? This is as bad as the propaganda used by Nazi Germans to show Jews as paedophiles.
    IKR. Some people are just awful. IMO that's just as bad as terrorism...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V ugvg jhi)
    God did so because he rarely interferes in our world. If he did, for our transgressions, most of us would be dead. BTW, if he prevented much worse attacks, we would be oblivious to such.

Also, It is a sign of the end times, and they were going to die at some point.
    What a great perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    Oh FFS. We get it - you're an atheist. I'm not religious either but let people believe in whatever they want to believe in.
    But it's a good question. You can't just play victim whenever something you can't answer pops up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    If he exists he either isn't benevolent and/or doesn't give a toss about humanity.

But the most obvious explanation is that God doesn't exist.
    Or that this world isn't mean to be a utopia, and there will be a day of judgement where everyone will have justice, and no soul will be wronged in the least.

ReputationRep:
    THERE IS NO GODS
    Fact that there are still religions in XXI century is plain stupid...

ReputationRep:
    misuse of human free will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Or that this world isn't mean to be a utopia, and there will be a day of judgement where everyone will have justice, and no soul will be wronged in the least.
    I reject that concept as life cannot be a test if God is all-knowing.

ReputationRep:
    Why would he mind? 'He' programmed us to be this way.
    Watching is probably his version of watching a soap on TV

ReputationRep:
    If God were real, you gotta remember that God isn't all that fond of gays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    never said or implied that I was

ok sure but its not like that now and It wont be again anytime soon
    Well stop blaming them then when the root cause of the problems is us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Because "God is all-loving" they said.
    Yea until you go against Him. If someone went against you would you just be all
    I doubt it. I doubt that from anyone with an ounce of logic and self respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I reject that concept as life cannot be a test if God is all-knowing.
    A person will only go to hell once they are convinced that they deserve it, and with this is mind, it is not sufficient to say that God just throws them into Hell without testing them even though He knows how they will perform. You are here right now and you have a choice to accept or reject; it is a cop out for you to give the same answer as Shaytaan and be like "God made me this way". When you die you will be shown why you deserve Hell (or Heaven); if God did that before testing you, then you would have said "well I didn't actually get to live my life do the test, so it's unfair".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    If God were real, you gotta remember that God isn't all that fond of gays.
    Erm. People just sound ridiculous now.

The Islamic god is not the Christian god, is not the Jewish God etc etc
    There's a totally different standard of principles and thus consequences from each deity. Granted there might be some shared or similar principles across the religious spectrum at least between the Abrahamic trinity of religions being Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. So the punishment for gays in Islam might not completely match the others. The perpetrator here is Islamic. You have to apply the Islamic punishment for being gay. Please don't say "God" so vaguely and broadly because now you're tying in other non related monotheistic religions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Yea until you go against Him. If someone went against you would you just be all
    I doubt it. I doubt that from anyone with an ounce of logic and self respect.
    LOL they went against who?
    Did the poor innocent starving kids go against him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    A person will only go to hell once they are convinced that they deserve it, and with this is mind, it is not sufficient to say that God just throws them into Hell without testing them even though He knows how they will perform. You are here right now and you have a choice to accept or reject; it is a cop out for you to give the same answer as Shaytaan and be like "God made me this way". When you die you will be shown why you deserve Hell (or Heaven); if God did that before testing you, then you would have said "well I didn't actually get to live my life do the test, so it's unfair".
    A very convenient explanation of course, but not in the least convincing. Hell, by its definition, cannot be proportionate to any crime and thus being convinced you deserve hell is a cop-out which I totally reject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    LOL they went against who?
    Did the poor innocent starving kids go against him?
    What poor innocent starving kids? Omar Mateen killed gays. We're on about gays but now I see you seem to be a bit angry with God in general. Anyway like I told the bloke above, there are different monotheistic religions. Which God are you even mad at?...

The killer is Islamic. So yell at Allah and Mohammed pertaining to their issues with gays if any, or if you're even knowledgeable about those issues... Based on your recent post it seems you're conveniently or inadvertently confusing all religions for each other lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Erm. People just sound ridiculous now.

The Islamic god is not the Christian god, is not the Jewish God etc etc
    There's a totally different standard of principles and thus consequences from each deity. Granted there might be some shared or similar principles across the religious spectrum at least between the Abrahamic trinity of religions being Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. So the punishment for gays in Islam might not completely match the others. The perpetrator here is Islamic. You have to apply the Islamic punishment for being gay. Please don't say "God" so vaguely and broadly because now you're tying in other non related monotheistic religions.
    All gods of the major religions disapprove of homosexuality.

That's why I can say 'God', meaning all the gods in this context.

Besides, it was OP that used the vague term of 'God'; I'm just responding in kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    All gods of the major religions disapprove of homosexuality.

That's why I can say 'God', meaning all the gods in this context.

Besides, it was OP that used the vague term of 'God'; I'm just responding in kind.
    No you can't obtusely "respond in kind" as a copout for not knowing where to blindly throw your hatred and resentment. If you know a damn thing then educate the op for using a foolish term...that's the aim of discussion. And no you said god ignorantly. You used God as a term like it's a singular deity because you don't know what you're on about. The killer is Islamic, my kid. So crack open the Quran and see what they say about homosexuality and if Mateen's crime is justified pertaining to Islamic principle...till then please feel more than welcome to introduce yourself to my ignore list.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.