Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Labour are obviously missing the government subforum ...and of course The power hungry leader of the opposition.
    Much to my leaders delight this has been submitted and I will make a decision wherever to support this or not
    The Conservative /Liberal government haven't had a chance to get things going yet
    So lets give them a chance ..... I ask members to think carefully before voting
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    We'd be replacing this government with one led by a party which can't even guarantee the loyalty of its MP's and infests itself with dual membership.

This is a Nay.
    Better than one of the parties in government, which can't even guarantee that its only MP posts even occasionally in the MHoC subforum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    The government has people who don't have exams. We're not expecting massive output and every promise to have been fulfilled by now, but 3 items in a month and a half just isn't good enough.
    Care to list the members who have neither exams nor work?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    The government has people who don't have exams. We're not expecting massive output and every promise to have been fulfilled by now, but 3 items in a month and a half just isn't good enough.
    I honestly expected better from Labour, who faced a MoNC with us Liberals last term, but unfortunately, my expectations of your party have been tarnished.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    The difference is that Labour are not in government and as such have no obligation to.
    I'm sure your voters would love to hear that.

"We didn't win so we can now proceed to do whatever we like and not do anything with the 12 seats you have gifted us, just because we share the name of a popular real life party"
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Agreed, I find the VoNC's boring myself, but sometimes it is necessary to start one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was hardly necessary right now - unless every party is now privy to the Government subforum and knows what we are doing in it? Why can't people just give other people a chance in this place?

ReputationRep:
    I support this motion simply due to the rampant inactivity of the government and due to the claims made by the conservatives when calling the last MoNC that they had plenty of items ready to go and were simply holding back until they in government. I personally would have waited until the 2 month mark before making this motion as I feel it is slightly too early, but it is nonetheless justified.

I did not expect there to be a budget by now but I did expect there to be at least a couple of SoI's and a few more bills than there has been, or failing that a statement outlining the governments program for the term so we at least know what to expect considering the vast differences between the manifestos of the coalition parties.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So why are you producing anything?
    Because, you know, we have ideas and want to stimulate debate....? A manifesto is a program for what you will do once you get into government. If you're not in government, you don't necessarily have to stick to it. If you are, you do. It's that simple.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    The difference is that Labour are not in government and as such have no obligation to.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. Maybe that is the case in RL (still very dubious) but under a PR system you are still expected to... Even though people vote labour for the brand and not the policies and you'll never be punished.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Better than one of the parties in government, which can't even guarantee that its only MP posts even occasionally in the MHoC subforum.
    You have no evidence of that.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm no. Maybe that is the case in RL (still very dubious) but under a PR system you are still expected to... Even though people vote labour for the brand and not the policies and you'll never be punished.
    I beg to differ. When you submit a manifesto, you are basically going to the electorate 'give us the numbers to be able to work with other parties in government and we'll do this, this and this'. That didn't happen for Labour at the last GE, therefore we're not necessarily bound by our manifesto, particularly as we're not the same ideologically given that we have a different leader.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    You have no evidence of that.
    The fact is that Hydeman doesn't post publicly here. I don't see how you can dispute that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can someone remind the house why the last government was Vonced ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Airmed)
    It was hardly necessary right now - unless every party is now privy to the Government subforum and knows what we are doing in it? Why can't people just give other people a chance in this place?
    You've had a month and a half, and produced significantly less than anticipated. Unless you have some massive project going on in the sub-forum, which I want to hear about, it's simply appalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I beg to differ. When you submit a manifesto, you are basically going to the electorate 'give us the numbers to be able to work with other parties in government and we'll do this, this and this'. That didn't happen for Labour at the last GE, therefore we're not necessarily bound by our manifesto, particularly as we're not the same ideologically given that we have a different leader.
    Wow... So will you not be submitting any party items this term because the electorate didn't choose you to be in government? I'm suprised and deaply troubled by your braisen and blasé attitude toward the public. And the new leader argument is stupid, you were elected under a manifesto so you are bound by it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The fact is that Hydeman doesn't post publicly here. I don't see how you can dispute that.
    My mistake, i thought you meant the government sub-forum. As for not posting here, that's not really required so long as he walks through the lobby.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You've had a month and a half, and produced significantly less than anticipated. Unless you have some massive project going on in the sub-forum, which I want to hear about, it's simply appalling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have multiple projects in the government sub-forum however you do not need to be aware of the detail at this time and nor does this government have any responsibility to inform the House until a moment of its own choosing.

If you choose to send this to vote, we will slay you in glorious battle.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't know that people were allowed to have exams and work away from TSR. The fact that Labour are fronting this MoNC has frustrated me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I honestly expected better from Labour, who faced a MoNC with us Liberals last term, but unfortunately, my expectations of your party have been tarnished.
    You shouldn't paint us all with the same brush.

ReputationRep:
    We're not expecting massive output and every promise to have been fulfilled by now, but 3 items in a month and a half just isn't good enough.
    It's less than one item in over two weeks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.