Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather be extremley rich or extremley smart? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Smart as that way you can leave a permanent legacy in the world with advancing humanity and working on the big problems we face now against our survival and in our hardships ( medicine, starvation, global warming) While money will get u remembered for only a few generations of your descendents.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely rich, not because I'd like to live a lavish lifestyle but rather so I could donate as much money as possible into world problems such as poverty. I could potentially, eradicate it depending on how rich I am, I think.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Smart. Not even because I could use the smarts to gain riches. Just because it'd be more rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    Smart - knowledge is priceless

ReputationRep:
    Rich. Smart would know too much about the world and with my temptations it would drive me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    If it would allow me to get into the area of research I wanted to do (fundamental theoretical physics or quantum computing) then smart otherwise rich

ReputationRep:
    Extremely smart because knowledge is power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmk007)
    Smart as that way you can leave a permanent legacy in the world with advancing humanity and working on the big problems we face now against our survival and in our hardships ( medicine, starvation, global warming) While money will get u remembered for only a few generations of your descendents.
    With near-limitless riches, you can recruit a whole army of geniuses to work on those problems for you, and you can have them hold up a banner with your name on it the whole time if you want to be remembered.

ReputationRep:
    Rich.

I'm clearly no genius but am already smart enough to see the world somewhat differently to others.

If I was one of the smartest people in the world I doubt I would be very happy.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I want to brag about myself but here's the thing: being deadly smart already, I'd want to be rich now .....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.