Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you decided how you're going to vote yet? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you made up your mind about how to vote yet?
    Yes I'm definite about my vote
    75.29%
    No- I've not decided yet
    5.29%
    I'm not going to vote
    9.41%
    I keep changing my mind
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Are you a Tory again now?
    ermmm this referendum is not for selecting a party ? or have i misunderstood ?

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be living with your parents until you are 50 - Vote Remain.

If you want to be able to afford to buy your own home - Vote LEAVE.

ReputationRep:
    & the bear If it's presumably harder for ISIS to infiltrate the UK, I would imagine they'd not like it.

Also if it's because they'd think it'd weaken EU member states, they can't honestly/seriously think they stand a chance against the military mights of EU member states?

Are you sure it's not just fear-monger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No. If UK leaves, the immigrants that have already come may lose their right to stay.

Oh and you didn't reply to my question in the other thread...
    Naveed, are you anglo-saxon?
    Vienna convention protects them in heir right to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    & the bear If it's presumably harder for ISIS to infiltrate the UK, I would imagine they'd not like it.

Also if it's because they'd think it'd weaken EU member states, they can't honestly/seriously think they stand a chance against the military mights of EU member states?

Are you sure it's not just fear-monger?
    any disharmony and weakening among their enemies is welcome to the Daesh plotters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Remain in. Putin and ISIS are hoping we will leave.
    That's like saying I eat bacon because Muslim extremists don't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not old enough to vote but all this conflicting information about the pros and cons of voting in and out is confusing me. But if you made me vote on the spot I'd probably vote in, because I hardly know anything about politics. Better the devil you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    You've just made that up lol. Nobody knows what will happen, the leave campaign haven't even mentioned it.
    Erm... no, he hasn't made that up. Rights accrued under treaty (eg the right to live here once you've immigrated) aren't lost when the treaty expires.

You've stuck yourself on your own narrative. Don't invent a view of how things are (Remain can predict the future with 100% certainty, leave know nothing) and take a balanced look at it (Remain have little idea what the EU will do to us if we remain, Leave know many things for certain.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    That's like saying I eat bacon because Muslim extremists don't.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm unsure, 60% for leave and 40% for stay.

There is no doubt that we'd be better off economically by staying, but I believe that our own control is very important.

ReputationRep:
    any disharmony and weakening among their enemies is welcome to the Daesh plotters.
    Eh? Tell me how us leaving would benefit ISIS in any way.

ReputationRep:
    When leave side talks of immigration they don't mean reducing the numbers because we don't want them (unless you're Nigel) but the problem lies where it takes year in advance to prepare the infrastructure to cope with the immigration.

Only when we can put a close estimate of immigration in 5,10,15 years away can we then prepare and plan.

The infrastructure we have built up over many years is worth about £80000 per head in the uk so for every immigrant coming in we need another £80000 on the spot to cope with their needs.

This money needs to be invested over time not in one quick payment in order to properly cope. Houses aren't built in days, nurses aren't trained in months and neither are teachers, doctors and dentists.

ReputationRep:
    So you basically have no comeback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Eh? Tell me how us leaving would benefit ISIS in any way.
    wot ?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...campbell-warns

ReputationRep:
    So you basically have no comeback?
    not really

ReputationRep:
    Mentions ISIS once in the body of the article and it just says "ISIS LIKES BREXIT!!!!!" like the headline.

Would you people actually read your sources for once?

So tell me, how would ISIS benefit from us leaving the EU?

ReputationRep:
    There are zero facts in that article lol I could equally write another which states that staying in the EU plays into the hands of Isis.

You really are a delusional little child with irrational fears. I do pity you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    Mentions ISIS once in the body of the article and it just says "ISIS LIKES BREXIT!!!!!" like the headline.

Would you people actually read your sources for once?

So tell me, how would ISIS benefit from us leaving the EU?
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...aida-UK-attack

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting remain. There's fear too much scaremongering and politicians feeding off people being anti immigration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Vienna convention protects them in heir right to stay.
    Not if they don't have residency.
    And even then...
    http://www.connexionfrance.com/Vienn...w-article.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.