The Student Room Group

Omar Mateen - Mosque statement - This makes me so angry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HanSoloLuck
So it's OK to stereotype all Muslims based on the actions of 100, but not on the actions of the thousands and millions that believe homosexuals should be killed and/or prosecuted.

Nice oxymoron reasoning, it refutes itself lol.
That number is actually 100% of Muslims. I won't claim 1.6 billion because there are clearly some "Muslims" who think that homosexuality is not a corruption that can be punished by death. But (as we have seen in comments from Muslims on here) those people are not considered "True Muslims" by the majority who fully conform to the demands of doctrine.
Reply 41
Original post by MesutOzil2110
You would understand if you were Muslim and people judged you on the basis of a few extremists they hear on the news about.
Well, if you will publicly support the ideology that drives such actions...

You may claim to have nothing to do with the extremists, but you both follow the same ideology, and the only real difference is that they really believe it and even act on parts of it that you would rather ignore.

If Muslims are genuinely against homophobia, killing apostates, slavery, wife-beating, gender discrimination, etc, they need to stop following an ideology that supports all those things. And the only way to do that is change... either Islam, or your religion.
Original post by BaconandSauce

2 point that make me angry

I don't know why you're getting so upset, Dr Rahman owes you and the world absolutely nothing. He didn't shoot anybody, he didn't order anybody to shoot anybody. Do you really think just because he's Muslim or that he knew of this man that he should go out of his way to make some big crying apologetic statement?

Get a grip.

Original post by BaconandSauce
So the mosque has now been involved in teaching 2 terrorists about Islam but still can't see the problem

Lol.

I had no idea it only took the occasional visit to a mosque to become fully radicalised there, the ones round here must be doing something wrong eh.
Reply 43
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
The guy was suspected by the FBI and he managed to work in ****ing security. How did that even happen? O.o
Innocent until proven guilty, I guess.
It's a trade-off between public safety and individual rights. And more of one usually means less of the other.

However, there is one issue here, the power of the gun lobby. Apparently, in such cases, he could be put on a "no fly" list, but could not be stopped from buying an assault rifle (1:55).
[video="youtube;LSEoVkl0W30"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEoVkl0W30[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending