The Student Room Group

Has anyone experienced prejudice whilst dating another race?

Scroll to see replies

I'm black and my bf is white, do we get looks and stuff? Not really, sometimes, these old black couples give us looks and my bf never notices and I just smile at them. And it's the same for him, I think it can be sometimes kind of foreign when seen outside of London and in the smaller villages, but it's a matter of getting over it and used to it.
Our families give very little fooks about our race, and mine are African living in Africa.
Do I give looks or a bad vibe at interracial couples? I do tend to look at them too long when they are an extra attractive pair or coupling. But other than that, no one own anyone or a whole gender of one race, so do what you want :biggrin:
I was with a mixed race girl for several years (I'm white) and I got lots of dirty looks walking through her neighbourhood.
Not in a interracial relationship, or any relationship for that matter lol but interracial relationship couples happen all the time in my are because it's really diverse tbh so it would actually be weird if someone gave someone else weird looks because of something like that. But yet again, it does depend on where you live.
It's not really about attractiveness...I personally don't care but a lot of girls want to date white guys because people think that they're superior, so they can show off. *shrugs*
Original post by loveleest
Not in a interracial relationship, or any relationship for that matter lol but interracial relationship couples happen all the time in my are because it's really diverse tbh so it would actually be weird if someone gave someone else weird looks because of something like that. But yet again, it does depend on where you live.

Tbf it's probably more common in London than it is in the rest of the uk just by virtue of demographics and the like.
Dated another Race?-No.
Won a race?-No.
Dated?-No.
Original post by Bulletzone
Dated another Race?-No.
Won a race?-No.
Dated?-No.

Like I was saying to UWS, your time will come one day too :smile:
you all have had it rough man, I've had 2 black girlfriends and one of em I dated for nearly a year I didn't once notice people staring or making comments or anything. We would hold hands for virtually the entire time we were out in public.. And I live in London, meaning there were flippin' loads of people who saw us
Original post by AngryRedhead
Like I was saying to UWS, your time will come one day too :smile:

I shall live a bachelor.
:hat:
ROFL :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending