The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 2, how kind can aqa get?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by emzzymarsh
Yeah!

I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT but i think it might of been 2e- then H+ for the other blank, i didn't put this though :frown:
Original post by Chiddy16
What if you said ammonia chloride?

I put Ammonia Chloride instead of Ammonium Chloride but I'm hoping we'll still get the mark as the understanding is there.
Original post by CopyThat
WHat did you guys put for the metal? I put that it was in layers of atoms which can slide over eachother easily allowing it to be bent and shaped ... I forgot to use the word malleable :/

That is the definition for malleable but don't worry.
Original post by B3ASTy
I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT but i think it might of been 2e- then H+ for the other blank, i didn't put this though :frown:

Ah okay! I put
2Cl and on the other side e-2
Original post by B3ASTy

For the half equation, I just put 2,2. As from past papers, I saw that same question.
They made up for C2 with C3. The difference in difficulty between the two papers was mindblowing
Original post by pugs.notdrugs
Yeah I said to put it in an ice bath, and measure the temperature there, I think they'll both get the mark tbh

Yea thats what i put!! I totally misunderstood the question at first and thought it wanted to do the experiment by keeping the temperature at 5 degrees for the control variable
What did u guys get for the half equation????
Original post by Gibbo1709
I put Ammonia Chloride instead of Ammonium Chloride but I'm hoping we'll still get the mark as the understanding is there.

In terms of the accuracy question, a lot of you are talking about using thermometers with a higher resolution or digital thermometers but I don't think that's right at all because the question asks about how to improve ACCURACY (how close the results are to the true value), not PRECISION (how close the results are to each other). Instead, I would say that improving accuracy would involve insulating the beaker or something similar to that.
Original post by theone97
In terms of the accuracy question, a lot of you are talking about using thermometers with a higher resolution or digital thermometers but I don't think that's right at all because the question asks about how to improve ACCURACY (how close the results are to the true value), not PRECISION (how close the results are to each other). Instead, I would say that improving accuracy would involve insulating the beaker or something similar to that.

I put use something that would stop heat from escaping the beaker
Original post by ProbablyJade
Yea thats what i put!! I totally misunderstood the question at first and thought it wanted to do the experiment by keeping the temperature at 5 degrees for the control variable

I put place the breaker in a water bath and cool it?? Would that get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blancosdos
So did u get 82%? I did.

yeah i got 82%
Reply 53
Original post by B3ASTy
Arghhh one of my friends put that. But i couldnt remember the phrase 'ammonium' so i put chloride nitrate :frown:

aaa haha i could only get ammonium because it mentioned ammonium nitrate in the question after but i couldn't remember the chloride bit rip
Reply 54
Original post by llama_whisperer
What did u guys get for the half equation????

It was 2Cl on the left and 2e- on the right. (I think)
Original post by Oasis61
I put place the breaker in a water bath and cool it?? Would that get the marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! i think that's the right answer, that's what i put as well
Reply 56
Original post by Gibbo1709

I very much doubt you will get the mark
Reply 57
Original post by Chiddy16
What if you said ammonia chloride?

Would be ammonium chloride. The ion is shown on the data sheet
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Grade boundaries incoming:

A* - 60
A - 59
B - 58
C - 57

HAHA seems accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by exampro788
can you put 180 for 6 marker

I PUT 190kg FOR THE 6 MARKER AND IM SCARED IF I JUST GET 0 MARKS 😂😭 sorry for shouting haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending