Shite
    Most boring thing I have ever watched.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    England mess up again.

Roy a total dumbass for making 6 changes to a game that we had to win to finish top.

"Squad rotation" my ass. Wales played their strongest squad for all 3 games and they finished top.

ReputationRep:
    Can it be an instant substitution for England players if they shoot from further out than 30 yards? It's not awful getting second, besides we might be more suited to playing on the counter than trying (and failing) to break down a defensive side.

Don't get the Wilshere hate? The guy misplaced 3 passes all night, and actually moves play forward unlike a certain midfielder who plays for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Was hardly a weakened team, and it was right that Sterling and Kane were dropped after poor performances in both games. Where Hodgson got it wrong was (as he is victim to doing a lot) playing strikers out wide when he could've just played a 4-4-2 diamond with Vardy and Sturridge as a partnership. I thought Clyne and Bertrand were as good as Walker and Rose have been but neither Henderson nor Wilshere warrant a start in the next game.
    Honestly don't think enough credit was given to Slovakia, defensively (apart from Weiss who was really run ragged by Clyne) they were heroic, first to every loose ball, blocked every shot, genuinely Skrtel's best performance of the season.

So long as we avoid Portugal we'll forget the disappointment of finishing second, it's at least an improvement on the car crash which was World Cup 2014.

ReputationRep:
    England cant even beat Slovakia and think they can manage leaving the EU lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Most boring thing I have ever watched.
    You never watched the French League?

ReputationRep:
    our kid roo gonna bring back the cup lebron style, its destiny tbh.

i cant imagine liking this england squad lol, you wait 3/4 whole days to see them play and you just get trash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    when did England last score 5 in a tournament game, lel
    Mann my prediction was wayyy off ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hodgson doesn't have a clue does he..

Highest paid manager at the Euros and for that dross of a performance. Post-match comments from him and Cahill were laughable, bordering on delusional. Slovakia's keeper barely had saves to make besides the one I can remember from Lallana and all England's success came from Clyne. If Hodgson knew what he was doing, and was strong enough to make big decision, he'd not have played Sturridge out wide and picked Wilshere for the tournament, and last night proved that was an error.

Will probably beat whoever they face on Monday, barring Portugal maybe then a tough route awaits and a potential miserable exit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.