Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guesses on what 70/75 will be in UMS ? i need 90+ !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kawaii289)
    Guesses on what 70/75 will be in UMS ? i need 90+ !
    Should be 90+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    Should be 90+
    what are your guesses for the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fowlerj)
    For Q3b)

If you compare the formulae for Variance and Syy, you'll notice that Syy = n x Var(Y), which makes it a lot easier!
    I got the same answer tho.
    Interesting. I haven't touched S1 for three years excuse my memory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kawaii289)
    guesses on what 70/75 will be in ums ? I need 90+ !
    98-100 ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vignesh1234567)
    When you said the PMCC value r increases, did you mean that it goes closer to 0 or does it get closer to -1?
    I meant it increases so it gets closer to 0. Getting closer to -1 means it's decreasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Actually looks like an interesting S1 paper.
    What are your views on it? I thought 2(f), 3(e), 4(d)(e), 5(e)(f) were especially tricky and will be answered poorly.

The venn inside a venn on question 4 was highly unusual, it would have thrown a lot of students off in exam conditions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasanalm)
    Hey mate could you just answer some questions please.
    For question 3a, I wrote sum of x squared as 958.88 as opposed to the actual 985.88, then carried on with the calculation as so. Will I lose all 3 marks for this error or will I get some marks?

For 4b, I wrote independent so P(B AND D)= P(B) x P(D). Will this get me one mark?

For 4di and 4dii, will I get any marks for writing out the formula , so for I 4di wrote that is is equal to P(D AND R AND B) divided by P(R AND B) and for 4dii I wrote that it is equal to P(D AND R AND NOT B) divided by P(R AND NOT B). Will I get any marks for laying these formulas out?

For question 5a, I got the width right but height wrong. Will this only get me 1/3 marks?

For 5e I said that it may be a good decision as the median and mean are quite similar, will this get me any marks?

Thanks mate<3
    You should get some method marks for 3a.
    Nothing for Q4 (just formulae) unless you used some numbers (even if incorrect ones)
    5a should get 1 mark
    5e that's what I put - they often allow a couple of variations.
    Wasn't sure how to include P(X<3) in the explanation

ReputationRep:
    C1 69/75
    C2 67/75
    S1 52-55/75

would this be an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    What are your views on it? I thought 2(f), 3(e), 4(d)(e), 5(e)(f) were especially tricky and will be answered poorly.

The venn inside a venn on question 4 was highly unusual, it would have thrown a lot of students off in exam conditions.
    2(f) feels sort of like some proper probability and 4 just looks horrible in general :lol:

Last bits of 5 needed some intuitive understanding. 6 probably would be tricky to do for a few as well.

Overall, I like the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Fellas, what do we feel 62-63/75 is gonna be, UMS wise? Should be a comfortable A, but we thinking 84-85 UMS? Normally that would be around 81-82 UMS but given this paper was trickier than most, we thinking an A boundary falling to 57/58 ?

ReputationRep:
    Will you be doing the m2 ial paper?

ReputationRep:
    Soz for the delay. Got caught up with the Euro games

I thought this was quite tricky
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...GhaRHh2MHlnaDQ
    Will yoube doing one for D1 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    2(f) feels sort of like some proper probability and 4 just looks horrible in general :lol:

Last bits of 5 needed some intuitive understanding. 6 probably would be tricky to do for a few as well.

Overall, I like the paper.
    First 6 marks of Q6 are standard, but the last 3 will prove difficult for a majority. Q4 is a nasty probability Q, agreed.

ReputationRep:
    For question 3(d) I got r=-0.753 instead of r=-0.754, this was because I used the exact value of Syy (with the decimals) instead of the given value of Syy (without the decimals).

Will this lose any marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarlicBread01)
    For question 3(d) I got r=-0.753 instead of r=-0.754, this was because I used the exact value of Syy (with the decimals) instead of the given value of Syy (without the decimals).

Will this lose any marks?
    Nah

ReputationRep:
    in the skewness question, did anyone write that the mean (3.43) was close to the median ( 3.47) so normal distribution can be used. i wanted to do the 3 (mean-median)/sd calculation but later i didnt do that uggghhhhh. i also wrote that the standard deviation he used (0.65) was a bit deviated from the standard deviation we had to find (0.68). i said despite these small inaccuracies, a normal distribution was fairly appropriate. am i getting 0 out of 3 for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafeerahman)
    in the skewness question, did anyone write that the mean (3.43) was close to the median ( 3.47) so normal distribution can be used. i wanted to do the 3 (mean-median)/sd calculation but later i didnt do that uggghhhhh. i also wrote that the standard deviation he used (0.65) was a bit deviated from the standard deviation we had to find (0.68). i said despite these small inaccuracies, a normal distribution was fairly appropriate. am i getting 0 out of 3 for this?
    Also I have another question ( sorry this is not related to s1 but its a quick question) I heard that in m1 we only lose one mark for wrong significant figures in m1, is this true. cause a lot of people including me wrote 16.63 N, 11.76 N, 15.54 N for example.... I even asked my teacher a few days before the exam and he said to leave answers to 2 decimal places.

ReputationRep:
    Soz for the delay. Got caught up with the Euro games

I thought this was quite tricky
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...GhaRHh2MHlnaDQ
    Thanks! Will you be doing S2 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmomiau)
    Thanks! Will you be doing S2 as well?
    Absolutely, olmomiau. S2 is (one of my) favourites.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.