Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soulfish)
    Nah its an extension called firesomething. Its because they keep changing the name of the browser everytime they released a new version so someone just created an extension that generated a random name every time you load a new window.

Currently its decided that Mozilla Lightningkangaroo is a good name for a browser.
    How exactly do you activate the extension, or do they automatically run in thebackground?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    How exactly do you activate the extension, or do they automatically run in thebackground?
    no worries, I have them all up and running now, I am using mozilla webworm now.

ReputationRep:
    im using mozilla atm, have never used Opera before- does anyone know what are the good and bad points about Opera? and how it is better or worse than Mozilla?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    im using mozilla atm, have never used Opera before- does anyone know what are the good and bad points about Opera? and how it is better or worse than Mozilla?
    opera is weird, I used it for a bit, but didn't like it all that much.

ReputationRep:
    with mozilla getting quite powerful now,why doesnt a big monopoly type company e.g.windows buy it off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    with mozilla getting quite powerful now,why doesnt a big monopoly type company e.g.windows buy it off?
    because it's present owners are quite happy to keep it.

I'm the only one with other at the moment (Konqueror) . My hard-drive is majorly damaged need to wait to get a new one so at the moment I'm on live CDs, thank god for Jollix . Konqueror is nice and fast but doesn't support ActiveX pages such as GMail which is disappointing. I think I'm talking sense, If not correct me.

ReputationRep:
    opera is really good - i luv it :P

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can now control winamp through firefox, another good reason to have it.

ReputationRep:
    Who voted 'Other' and what was it?

And yes, I realise I should have put 'Mozilla or Firefox' ... but it was late and I'm lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I can now control winamp through firefox, another good reason to have it.
    how?! that is coool!

im using firefox, and only 1 site i use doesnt work, and that's the RBS online banking one ( :mad: ). At least HSBC works fine though.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell does IE use so much memory?? :eek:

i've got 3 windas opened, and they each use 28 mb! :eek: is there anyway to stop it using so much?

ReputationRep:
    havent used firefox,have to try it now.lol.using opera days... one thing i like bout opera is that mltiple windows open in the same session.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    havent used firefox,have to try it now.lol.using opera days... one thing i like bout opera is that mltiple windows open in the same session.......
    The tab system with Firefox is brilliant though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    The tab system with Firefox is brilliant though.
    And i posted all the best extensions (in my opinion) in this thread already, so you wont even have to go hunting for them.

ReputationRep:
    ok people, i've listened to your advice and downloaded firefox...

its all very well but, what is firefox safe mode?

what kinda extensions do i need?

and now parts of my website now looks really crap

PS: I also can't log out of here??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    PS: I also can't log out of here??
    Delete your cookies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Delete your cookies.
    but it alreayd says all cookies cleared :confused: how do i delete cookies?

ReputationRep:
    I can't log out using Firefox, but I just use IE for my alter egos :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I can't log out using Firefox, but I just use IE for my alter egos :cool:
    same here?? it keeps saying all cookies clear but it wont log out??

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.