Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Documents prove Cox shooter was far right extremist Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That isn't actually true. The lee rigby killing was perpetrated by a "lone wolf". As was the Orlando shooting. Just like what has happened hear. They get inspired by their respective politics but they are not "foot soldiers" of either ISIS or Britain First even though they may or may not kill in the name of that ideology.
    I said many, not all. Look at 7/7 bombings, paris attacks, the attacks in india. All coordinated attacks by groups of people. Lee rigby was also killed by more than 1 person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    lol i'm sure sure if this is sarcasm or not but just goes to prove my point of how little a problem far-right terrorism in this country is if the example is from 17 years ago.

Edit: i was barely alive when this incident took place.
    No, it's not sarcasm. And I won't lol at it, there are people still living with the injuries he inflicted on them.

There has also been several incidents of far right individuals being caught with caches of explosives. While it may be less of a threat than Muslim extremism it is still a problem.

If yesterday's events are to be considered an act of terrorism, then it's the second person to die due to a terror attack in the UK this year. Neither incident had anything to do with Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    No, it's not sarcasm. And I won't lol at it, there are people still living with the injuries he inflicted on them.

There has also been several incidents of far right individuals being caught with caches of explosives. While it may be less of a threat than Muslim extremism it is still a problem.

If yesterday's events are to be considered an act of terrorism, then it's the second person to die due to a terror attack in the UK this year. Neither incident had anything to do with Islam.
    We need policy to target the biggest problems and it seems to be that in the EU it isn't right far-right acting in groups to blow up or gun down big groups of people every 6 months or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    Left wingers love to point out problems with the right/far-right. Lets look at how many people the far left communists have killed over the years and its far worse...
    Really? You're defending the far right on the basis of "The far left is worse"?

That's pretty much an admission you identify with the far right. Both far right and far left have killed millions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Really? You're defending the far right on the basis of "The far left is worse"?

That's pretty much an admission you identify with the far right. Both far right and far left have killed millions.
    Nah just don't like hypocritical left wingers who will throw everything at anything right-wing related but don't do anything about their own.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's dangerous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I find it strange that the hard-left are getting so butthurt about his ideology not being blamed though. They're usually the ones complaining that Islam is being blamed in most terrorist attacks.
    Hard left is more like communist militancy, not lefty liberal guardianistas defending Muslims and upholding political correctness. The actual hard left is historically incredibly hostile to fascism. If you find it hard to see why left wing groups are so "butthurt" about his fascist ideology being ignored you need to actual get some grounding in what the term "hard left" refers to.

Back to reality and why most soft left liberal types (which is what you mean by hard left, even centre right social liberal views would be labled as hard left by your usage of the word) are making a big deal of it. When a terrorist kills in the name of an Islamic ideology the the role Islamism played in his motivation is always put at the forefront whilst ignoring other factors and an attempt to subscribe some notion of collective guilt to all Muslims is usually made. When the terrorist gets his motivation from a fascist ideology the same subsections of the media downplay or totally ignore the ideology and explain it as a lone nutter distancing the terrorist act from a political ideology this subsection of the media has a soft spot for.

This double standard is perceived by the liberal soft left and hard left as expression of racism against Muslims and apologism for fascist ideologies, which papers like the Daily Mail have a history of supporting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    Because it's dangerous?
    How dangerous? It's one nutter. If someone shoots a football coach to defend his firm should we all accept that anti radicalisation programmes it's schools should focus on football hooliganism?

The anti radicalisation programmes are aimed at specific, dangerous radicalisation that is widespread and needs to be addressed at school level as well. One far right winger doesn't warrant the same reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernGoodGuy)
    How dangerous? It's one nutter. If someone shoots a football coach to defend his firm should we all accept that anti radicalisation programmes it's schools should focus on football hooliganism?

The anti radicalisation programmes are aimed at specific, dangerous radicalisation that is widespread and needs to be addressed at school level as well. One far right winger doesn't warrant the same reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I live in an extremely ethnically white, Christian area where white supremacist and extreme nationalist violence is far more of a potential problem than an ideology influenced by religious and political issues outside the UK. My teachers have admitted themselves they're far more worried about the former kind of radicalisation than the latter, in this area at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieGakusei)
    I live in an extremely ethnically white, Christian area where white supremacist and extreme nationalist violence is far more of a potential problem than an ideology influenced by religious and political issues outside the UK. My teachers have admitted themselves they're far more worried about the former kind of radicalisation than the latter, in this area at least.
    I won't say you are wrong, I'll simply say that one persons testimony and second hand testimony of teachers means little in determining a governments action on radicalisation. It could be a start, a push to investigate more but that's about it.

Do you think the type of radicalisation seen around the country is influenced by ethnicity and religion? It's a hard question. So, if you was to have the extremely white, Christian area on one hand and extremely south East Asian, muslim area on the other, you could determine the type of radicalisation seen?

That may be relevant to said radicalisation programmes, that accepting such a thing is far from PC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.