Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*Rough*DECISION 1 EDEXCEL JUNE 17TH MARKSCHEME w/Explained Answers Watch

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheMathsMan;65872130]w = 11 because they tell you the float is 1 so 17 - w - 5 = 1 therefore w = 17-5-1 which is 11
    z = 4 because that was the shortest going back when the early was 3 ..
    y = 17
    x = 22
    so you got 2 out of the 4 right ...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheMathsMan;65872230]
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    w = 11 because they tell you the float is 1 so 17 - w - 5 = 1 therefore w = 17-5-1 which is 11
    y = 17
    x = 22
    I had X as well bro - 22 was always in there. I'm usually good with float so I think I got 11. At least 3/4

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do too bad ... but I mucked up on a few ... like the linear programming .. I put y + 3/2x whereas you'all are saying 3/2y + x which makes more sense ... I was rushing and I don't read properly when I'm rushing .. that resulted in me losing a further 5 marks from the next few questions ... then I lost 3 marks for leaving the 2nd gannt chart ... then I lost about 1 mark for not answering the second part to the flowchart question ... I answered the which one should be x but not the one after that. I lost 2 more marks because of a stupid mistake I made that I don't want to share ;-P so that leaves ... 64/75 which is me being generous so I'd say I got 60 which I'm satisfied with unless the examiners are complete ass holes and they mark incredibly harshly like they did for my AS's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    Im pretty sure it was 12

It think it was11. Because D had a float of 1. Therefore, it was 17-?-5=1

.............which gives 11.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheMathsMan;65872230]
    w = 11 because they tell you the float is 1 so 17 - w - 5 = 1 therefore w = 17-5-1 which is 11
    y = 17
    x = 22
    Exactly what I got

ReputationRep:
    How many critical activities? 4? And which?

ReputationRep:
    What was the route length for the first part of chinese postman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FugFig)
    How many critical activities? 4? And which?
    Yeah I had 4 critical values .. sure about that being correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    Anyone remember a 459?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah from Chinese postman - people saying it's 460 though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adso222)
    Yeah from Chinese postman - people saying it's 460 though :/
    Yeah idk what the answer is...anyone else get 459?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do too bad ... but I mucked up on a few ... like the linear programming .. I put y + 3/2x whereas you'all are saying 3/2y + x which makes more sense ... I was rushing and I don't read properly when I'm rushing .. that resulted in me losing a further 5 marks from the next few questions ... then I lost 3 marks for leaving the 2nd gannt chart ... then I lost about 1 mark for not answering the second part to the flowchart question ... I answered the which one should be x but not the one after that. I lost 2 more marks because of a stupid mistake I made that I don't want to share ;-P so that leaves ... 64/75 which is me being generous so I'd say I got 60 which I'm satisfied with unless the examiners are complete ass holes and they mark incredibly harshly like they did for my AS's
    I messed up on bin packing FFS! Harshly 1/5
    Algorithm I don't think the answer is about it going negative - it's about it always being odd - of so that's another 2.
    Prim's I rushed like mad so harshly 1/4
    Probably dropped marks on the network 2/5 harsh as possible.
    Question 7: blergh probably 8 marks harshly.
    Question 8 : 7 harshly
    Absolute minimum is around 50. Hopefully error carried forward and methods mean I could scrape 60. Averaging that out so realistically 55-57. Damn

ReputationRep:
    I swear it's physically impossible to finish that d1 paper in time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie.12)
    I think you got the points wrong for -x+24y=24 i got points (0,1) (24,2) not sure if this is right but gave me a final answer of 11 and 4
    This is what I got!

ReputationRep:
    People on the SR can be wrong .. I would tell you the correct answer but I don't remember my own after suffering a major headache after looking at the brain **** that was this paper .. If you remember the weight of the network for route inspection then I can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had 4 critical values .. sure about that being correct
    Was there a question asking to state how many?

ReputationRep:
    People on the SR can be wrong .. I would tell you the correct answer but I don't remember my own after suffering a major headache after looking at the brain **** that was this paper .. If you remember the weight of the network for route inspection then I can tell you.
    The weight was 384 and I remember getting a 75 which totalled 459. Then for the second i used 35 to get 419

ReputationRep:
    I got 459.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Was there a question asking to state how many?
    No but you needed to know them for the gannt chart

ReputationRep:
    The weight was 384 and I remember getting a 75 which totalled 459. Then for the second i used 35 to get 419
    Oh yeah .. I remember .. that is absolutely correct I'm sure of it

ReputationRep:
    That is correct!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.