Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolgurl14)
    did anyone get 80.6 for the ten marker?
    Well I got 80.5 which is probably a rounding error on my part but yeah I did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What times did you get when the velocitys were parrallel? I got t=5 and t=25 which I then used in the position vector equation to get 309m between them?

ReputationRep:
    I got 80.5 for the last question. Projectile question was awful, and that 4 mark question on the ramp one asking for the angle I didn't understand. What did people get for that? Got 5 degrees or something but it's probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukey98)
    What times did you get when the velocitys were parrallel? I got t=5 and t=25 which I then used in the position vector equation to get 309m between them?
    I got 12s sorry Im stressing now haha because vectors will be parallel when vector a is a multiple of vector b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUNSran)
    You got t= 5 and t= 25 right? if you sub either of both value to the equation of Va =Vb you wont get the same i or j components
    Oooo. I got to that stage but didnt know how to proceed. hopefully get some marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartsy)
    I got around 13
    yeah same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examguy123)
    For the plane wind question you do 240/20 to get 12 ms for the speed of the wind then from there u can work out the resultant velocity
    Magic that's what I got ended up using that data for the next questions though, probably got bearing wrong around 007deg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hep123)
    I got 12s sorry Im stressing now haha because vectors will be parallel when vector a is a multiple of vector b
    the multiple will be the time

ReputationRep:
    I got 13.2 on the 7 mark proj ans 97.6 on last 10 mark one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    I got 80.5 for the last question. Projectile question was awful, and that 4 mark question on the ramp one asking for the angle I didn't understand. What did people get for that? Got 5 degrees or something but it's probably wrong.

yeah got 4. something when rounded its 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealistZ)
    I got 13.2 on the 7 mark proj ans 97.6 on last 10 mark one
    I got the same for the 7 mark but not the 10 mark

ReputationRep:
    This paper's got me feeling like
    Name:  you_are_wrong.png
Views: 200
Size:  221.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    any idea about the grade boundaries folks ?

ReputationRep:
    How did you do the finding the angle of the ramp question? I did some weird thing where I cancelled mass, (f=ma), probably didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dukey98)
    I got same but I didnt know which to use and both values didnt satisfy the equation Va=Vb. i was so confuse

ReputationRep:
    Did you have to subtract the two different values for t?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for t in the first question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 14.6 m/s for the 7 marker.

I did Vcos50 × t = previous horizontal length (13. sth + 3) .

it took 1.7 sth seconds to hit the top of the box so I subbed the same time into the equation above to get 14. 6

ReputationRep:
    did people get 8 for the bearing?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RUNSran)
    You got t= 5 and t= 25 right? if you sub either of both value to the equation of Va =Vb you wont get the same i or j components. I was really confuse on where to go from there
    well i used t=5 because only the i component of the velocity is the same therefore i subbed 5 into the r=ut+1/2at^2 of the A and the r=ut+1/2at^2 + r original of the B then i subtracted the two r from each other to get the distance then i added the square of the i component and the square of the j component and square rooted the answer. Its really hard to explain it without paper and pen I'm not even sure of my answer lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.