Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    1998RF IfYouCanDreamIt luciie nomophobia GoodGirlFaith

I've been looking at dresses too but most of the designs on the usual websites were meh for me. Then I came across this video and I saw this really beautiful dress. What do all of you think? Pretty?

That's a nice dress for prom it's not too dressy or too understated 😀

ReputationRep:

I've been looking at dresses too but most of the designs on the usual websites were meh for me. Then I came across this video and I saw this really beautiful dress. What do all of you think? Pretty?

Ooo it's really pretty, I like it

ReputationRep:
    £400 for 5th yr and £300 for this years. I love dresses, sparkly ones, but how much I spend on them really depends on what they're for. I have some cheap ones for days at the beach and stuff but the quality of the dress is really important if it's for something special. I know that both my prom dresses, one long, one short, will be used for other events. They're just too lovely not to wear again. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to my clothes and tbh I think my folks are quite looking forward to the day when I'm self-funding. 😳 Me 🤗🤗🎉🎉🎉🎉 mum n dad😂😂😂

ReputationRep:

That's such a nice dress! It's pretty and elegant, but not over the top, which is perfect for prom. If you can find a dress like this then get it if that's what you want, I'm sure you'll be able to find dresses very similar for whatever your budget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bytheseasons)
    So i'm wondering how much you spent on your prom dresses cuz i've just got mine and it sadly cost me a little over 100...is that too much? And how does the cost of your dress compare?
    i think mine was £75-£80 from asos (i got student discount so i can't remember). i think that price is fine, though, my friend has spent £300+ but my other friend has only spent £90, it's just up to you! i didn't want to spend that much because i don't go to any formal occasions at all, but i will keep it because it'll probably be fine for the future when i'm an adult who actually goes to fancy events (although i am a bit worried because i feel like mine's a little bit over the top)

ReputationRep:

I think that's lovely, it's very pretty

ReputationRep:
    Originally it was £90. buttt we had to get it altered and because of the sparkles on the dress they ended up charging us another £90!!! I feel so bad for my mum!

ReputationRep:
    mine was £120 but it was the perfect dress for me, and plus I wore it afterwards at my uncle's wedding:teehee:
    my friends had a similar price range as we weren't sure if we would go to college prom so spent like this was the only prom we'd go to

tbh a £50 would be just as good, it really depends how lucky you are in finding a good price range for your ideal dress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofia00)
    i think mine was £75-£80 from asos (i got student discount so i can't remember). i think that price is fine, though, my friend has spent £300+ but my other friend has only spent £90, it's just up to you! i didn't want to spend that much because i don't go to any formal occasions at all, but i will keep it because it'll probably be fine for the future when i'm an adult who actually goes to fancy events (although i am a bit worried because i feel like mine's a little bit over the top)
    ohh right well i'm sure you look lovely in it! I also plan to keep mine cuz it's quite simple and, conveniently, can be worn for any formal event

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.