Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what did you do on the last part of the ex. with the capcitors the one that youneeded a calculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christinasa)
    what did you do on the last part of the ex. with the capcitors the one that youneeded a calculation
    1/Time constant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    1/Time constant
    If i only found time constant how many marks do i get?

ReputationRep:
    It's 32 pages! But I think some questions are in past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol, I've literally forgotten the paper. :/ How did you all find the last question's last two parts though?

ReputationRep:
    1/Time constant
    I gave time constant and said discharging is 3-5 times greater than that value, which still gave a small time value which I said the ammeter will not show sufficiently . Would I get any marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks for 90 ums,

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Q16 also came up as Q11 in ours. Q15 came up in ours as well. It's basically the same paper with different numbers.

Dunno what the deflection bit you're talking about is. Are you talking about the last question about exiting the field? If so, it exits at C.

Momentum change = 2p.
    Why exits at C not D?

ReputationRep:
    1/Time constant
    Why do we need to divide one by RC?

ReputationRep:
    was A o B was the path of electron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimesh007)
    was A o B was the path of electron
    I wrote A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgygt)
    I wrote A

same here, what will b the mark for 90 ums

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I think you'd get full marks for the 5RC method. That's what I did. I think 1/RC is a trick they want you to fall for but don't worry should be fine.

For the cushion force-time graph, I drew a wider lower peak? Is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highschool)
    Hey, I think you'd get full marks for the 5RC method. That's what I did. I think 1/RC is a trick they want you to fall for but don't worry should be fine.

Lower peak with longer collision time
    I also start the graph 0.1s after the collision starts as the question says it takes 0.1s for airbag to detect and inflate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highschool)

yah i thnk so,becz even i drew the same thng, i thnk it will b same grade boundaries like in june 2015, 68 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tgygt)
    Why exits at C not D?
    r = mv/bq. m is 4 times as big, but q is only twice as big. So r_(new) = 2(r_old). i.e: it has a larger radius.

ReputationRep:
    What are the differences between cyclotron and linac?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.