The Student Room Group

AQA Further Maths Level 2 Certificate Paper 1 20-06-16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
yeah I noticed they gave us 20 questions instead of the regular 16 -_- does that mean that they intended for the actual questions in the test to be easier so that we'd have to spend less time on each question? boo them -_-

They did that last year as well
Original post by TheDescendant
for the inequality you had to write x=9,10 or 11 as the question said state the integer values of x. I wrote the inequality and so will lose 1 mark

Ah no i did he same
Original post by zara_ruby
Ah no i did he same

What question are you talking about?
the question was x2 -20x + 96 <0 or something like that
On the trapezium question where you had to prove the perimeter, I messed up the special triangle to work out the trigonometry I reached an answer of 3(5+root3) will I get any marks considering I messed up the trigonometry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
for the trapezium question, you didnt even have to use trig to work out the sides of the triangle. since the angles in the triangle were 30,60 and 90, you automatically know that the ratios of the sides of the triangle 1:root3:2. since one of the sides was 3 and this was the side that had the root3 ratio, you just times the ratios by root3 to get the actual length of all sides
its a special property of a 30 60 and 90 angle triangle
Original post by TheDescendant
for the trapezium question, you didnt even have to use trig to work out the sides of the triangle. since the angles in the triangle were 30,60 and 90, you automatically know that the ratios of the sides of the triangle 1:root3:2. since one of the sides was 3 and this was the side that had the root3 ratio, you just times the ratios by root3 to get the actual length of all sides

I didn't realise this at the time I drew my own triangle which I messed up 😓 will I get any method marks for trying to find the length or because I messed up at the start does that mean I won't get any marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
x = 39 degrees
inequalities q: 9, 10, 11
for last q: w=3n so QP=QR so isosceles
matrices: a=3, b=-20
perpendicular: 4/10 and -10/4
sin/cos one: -5/6
co-ordinates of minimum: (-3,-7)

This is what I can remember^
I'm pretty confident in all of these

Quick Reply

Latest