Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you voting to remain or leave on 23rd June? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    bremain
    leave!!! Everyone leave!!! Please!!! For my generation who will be left with the mess of the eu if you vote remain!!!! Please!!!! I want to have a good future!! I want a happy life!!! Please vote leave!!! I am begging you!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Out.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Can't vote but everyone in my family's voting Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-ljlb)
    in
    leave!!! Everyone leave!!! Please!!! For my generation who will be left with the mess of the eu if you vote remain!!!! Please!!!! I want to have a good future!! I want a happy life!!! Please vote leave!!! I am begging you!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    I'm 19.... no

ReputationRep:
    IN

ReputationRep:
    Leave! #borisjohnsonsbarmyarmy
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Leave!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of young people seem to think that we will be better off if we remained in the EU. As a young person myself, I struggle to see how young people will be better off if we remain. As someone trying to get onto the property ladder it is almost impossible with prices rising as fast as they are.

Immigration specifically doesn’t bother me. However, when the chancellor George Osbourne says that house prices will fall by 18% as an argument in favour of remaining, surely that can only be a good thing for young people. If a house price was previously £300,000 an 18% fall would put that at £246,000 – a £54,000 difference. It would take me (and the vast majority of young people) a long long time to save that amount normally. The leave campaign should be all over getting this message across as young people are typically pro-remain.

Now I personally feel that the chancellor is scaremongering homeowners into how much house prices will fall. But even if house prices are flat over the next few years or even show a tiny increase that is surely got to be better than how it is today (prices rising by 10% meaning only the rich can get onto the property ladder).

Don’t get me wrong – there have been problems with the Vote Leave campaign. They shouldn’t have allowed Nigel Farage to play such a public role as he often alienates people. But there is a lot to be said about some of the Vote Leave arguments. For example, accountability. Say what you want about the Tories now or Labour in 2010. At least every five years you get to kick the government out. How do you go about making change in the EU? How many of us could name all five current EU Presidents before this debate? How many can now? How many of the 10,000 (TEN THOUSAND!!!) elected MEPs and Bureaucrats that earn more than the UK Prime Minister (£149,440 per year) can you name? And that outrageous salary? Before a daily allowance of £240 just for turning up. Just to do their job!

Expenses? You won't get a scandal like in the UK because receipts are optional. Now, how do you go about changing these people earning such outrageous salaries if you think they aren't doing a good job? You might not think they treat us with contempt now. But if you do, consider how much worse they'll hold our opinions if we blindly accept them again - after they gave us nothing worth mentioning in negotiations.

I might be completely wrong but these are my views. I've gone from being unsure when it was touted before the election to 100% convinced now.Ask yourself why does every monetary body want us to stay? Because change is scary and they don't know what the outcome would be. It is far more comfortable to scare the people into submission and keep picking up gigantic paychecks by keeping the status quo.And why do most politicians want us to stay? Most Heads of State? Same reason. Only add into that the fact that if we vote Leave they lose the opportunity to go and pick up that golden salary as an MEP, or as an advisor, or as a European President. Maybe they aren't interested in that. But good luck getting those after dinner speeches for the big banks or SVP roles to exploit your contacts if you've actively campaigned against the thing they hate the most - market instability affecting their wallets.

I'm not into big conspiracy theories, and I'm not saying this is one. I'm just saying that 90% of the politicians or experts are in it for themselves and treat you and I with disdain. They don't live in affected areas, their health is private, their future jobs are guaranteed if they say the right things now. Their children can go to private school and they're chauffeur driven or travelling first class. All they want to do is say the right things now to protect that same livelihood after you eventually tire of them and kick them out at an election. You get that opportunity every 5 years in the UKThis is the first time we've had the chance to do the same regarding Europe for 41 years. Since long before I was born.And I've had enough of the EU and the spin, and the scary stories. I hope anyone who votes considers the ramifications of both outcomes. Go with whatever you believe is the best outcome and credit to you for following your convictions either way.That said, while I might be wrong about everything, I hope enough of us vote to Leave so that we can try something new

ReputationRep:
    Leave

(INB4 RACIST FAR RIGHT WINGER)

ReputationRep:
    I'm voting Leave & the majority of my family & work friends/colleagues are too. My non-work friends will probably vote Remain however.

ReputationRep:
    In

ReputationRep:
    Remain. Have already voted.

ReputationRep:
    Can't vote.

ReputationRep:
    If I could I'd vote to remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    If I could I'd vote to remain
    Thank **** you can't then

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I want to vote Leave. However, it would leave us without protection against the Tories for 4 years. If we could just delay this referendum until after the next general election, that'd be great

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you one guess

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from the polling station. I voted LEAVE

ReputationRep:
    I voted REMAIN in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raizelcadres)
    In or out?
    Read this first before you vote out https://ig.ft.com/sites/the-uk-in-europe/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.