The Student Room Group

I have just finished my GCSEs. What on earth do I do now?!

Scroll to see replies

Honestly enjoy every minute of this as your not gonna have all this time off again, it's your last summer of freedom have lazy days stay in and do nothing, I'd love to have a whole summer off again. Just go out with your friends and piss about make the best memories you can with your summer.
Original post by cookie123456789
Real activities like what exactly?...

Anything that involves building real life skills in a industry/subject you like. For example I make apps, freelance graphic design and sell music.
Original post by Lemon Haze
Anything that involves building real life skills in a industry/subject you like. For example I make apps, freelance graphic design and sell music.

Ah ok. That's cool.
Original post by Lauren_Connor
Honestly enjoy every minute of this as your not gonna have all this time off again, it's your last summer of freedom have lazy days stay in and do nothing, I'd love to have a whole summer off again. Just go out with your friends and piss about make the best memories you can with your summer.

Yes! I will try and make some epic memories :smile:
I had my last exam today and now it's the summer holidays for me.
I can't just sit around all day drinking and feeling like i'm the coolest person ever or feeling sorry for myself whilst I listen to Radiohead or Metallica or watch films and TV.
I have applied for jobs and I have an induction next week. And I'm also having a massive party on Saturday and we are all celebrating and all my friends are bringing their boyfriends :/
Apart from that, what the hell am I meant to do with my Summer?!

Just relax and don't get any big ideas. They're not going to happen.
College student, IMO mathlete. Suck my ****.
Reply 46
About to finish college so take this from me, i was in your position not so long ago:
Dont try to get ahead of the class in college by learning A level content during the summer, its pointless, just dont do it.
Do try to volunteer in as many different fields as you can, not only does this help you chose what you will want to study for uni (most people end up deciding just one year from where you are now), this also looks great on university, job applications. It shows a degree of thoughtfulness as you show you've considered other opportunities.
Do have fun, you wont be having much of that during college, education only gets harder D: (Some say its easier in uni, idk)
Learn something new, a language a hobby, a sport, anything.
Take a job, if you've never had one yet, its more than the money, its about the experience you gain from dealing with a whole variety of people and their temperaments, and the responsibility.
I had my last exam today and now it's the summer holidays for me.
I can't just sit around all day drinking and feeling like i'm the coolest person ever or feeling sorry for myself whilst I listen to Radiohead or Metallica or watch films and TV.
I have applied for jobs and I have an induction next week. And I'm also having a massive party on Saturday and we are all celebrating and all my friends are bringing their boyfriends :/
Apart from that, what the hell am I meant to do with my Summer?!

Fist of all well done when i finished i went to Singapore for a few weeks maybe you can go on holiday with your mates for a week or two a last blow out what do you think?
Start revising for your A Levels, hurry you're running out of time 😭
Original post by somevirtualguy
Start revising for your A Levels, hurry you're running out of time 😭

No way! :colonhash:
Original post by The_Meritocrat
Just relax and don't get any big ideas. They're not going to happen.

But I already have a load of big ideas :frown:
Original post by New- Emperor
Fist of all well done when i finished i went to Singapore for a few weeks maybe you can go on holiday with your mates for a week or two a last blow out what do you think?

Sounds great. I have already asked my parents but they didn't like the idea.
Original post by Zahid~
About to finish college so take this from me, i was in your position not so long ago:
Dont try to get ahead of the class in college by learning A level content during the summer, its pointless, just dont do it.
Do try to volunteer in as many different fields as you can, not only does this help you chose what you will want to study for uni (most people end up deciding just one year from where you are now), this also looks great on university, job applications. It shows a degree of thoughtfulness as you show you've considered other opportunities.
Do have fun, you wont be having much of that during college, education only gets harder D: (Some say its easier in uni, idk)
Take a job, if you've never had one yet, its more than the money, its about the experience you gain from dealing with a whole variety of people and their temperaments, and the responsibility.

Thank you! This is really helpful! :smile:
Can't get a job til you're 16?
Original post by Zahid~

how is it pointless to start revising for a level?
Original post by Bulletzone
Can't get a job til you're 16?

Nope? As long as you have your NI number you can have a job, I started working when I was 15
Original post by caitlinford3
Nope? As long as you have your NI number you can have a job, I started working when I was 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

:0
Reply 57
Get a life :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest