Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    It matters not if the Qur'an is misinterpreted. If it has led to an increased amount of attacks on LGBT+ people I'll blame the Holy Book.

It's unfortunate not all Muslims are liberal like you.

On the premise that people on TSR have done something wrong to challenge Islam, it's not fair to think it's all the debaters' faults on here though; there have been some horrible people on here using the Qur'an to justify their position.
    Our religion doesn't need to be reformed, it's just the Muslim believers that need to change the way they think. There is a big difference between what Prophet Muhammad taught us to do as well as Allah to our current Muslim so called 'religious' believers think. Yeah, I agree with you it's a quite loss that people don't think logically.

The only think that would be good for humanity is if people stop blaming on each other for being terrorists or inferior to the mainstream society because of what people in their own religion did.

ReputationRep:
    hating islam doesnt = hating muslims

(Original post by Defraction)
    How does race have anything got to do with a political agenda a person may behold?
    When that political agenda involves being anti-ethnic minorities, it does have rather a lot to do with race...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    When that political agenda involves being anti-ethnic minorities, it does have rather a lot to do with race...
    There are members of that political agenda that are from ethnic minority groups so it necessarily doesn't have anything to do with race to an extent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I was supposed to type the lol in the quote :/ what I wrote was all me.
    I read the Qur'an twice and I have a Muhammad Pickthall's translation with me but this thread is not about me, it's about the world. It must get a bit tiring if you keep saying that Islam says that and it says this when people haven't probably read it, this goes to Muslims as well as non-Muslims as yourself.

Everyone you must have heard about is not religion but rather culture. One of my favourite articles, http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/pr...n-carla-power/, corrects all the misconceptions you behold about Islam. Women and men are equal, none is more superior or inferior than one another. The niqab, forced marriages and so on are all cultural aspects that people mistaken as being Islamic. Those Islamic states that may stone gay people or kill people for doing absolutely nothing have a flawed institution because they abide to the Sharia Law. Personally I think the Sharia Law is flawed and useless as the people who make laws are bigots and complete hypocrites.

This article, http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...95356a5470d3f4, also shows the evident flaws of the Sharia Law and it cannot be, and will never be considered (personally to me) an Islamic law that all Muslims should abide to.

But for now, our main aim should bring everyone together. There may be some aspects where you may disagree with someone because they behold such a radical view compared to you but try talk to them peacefully. Religion shouldn't subject people into different groups. For example, I think murder is wrong and I wouldn't need religion to show it's wrong because I know it's bad. But some people make things up and use religion for everything when in fact they are not. If I didn't do wudhu(process of cleaning body in order to pray) but I'm clean, some people say to me I'm going to Hell because I'm not clean when I know I am clean. This in fact is not religion but rather innovation. You can't just make something up and equate that into a religious commandment.

Gosh sometimes I don't understand why some Muslims make things up. This just separates us more further away from the mainstream society.

#LoveMuslims
    #NoHate

If ur gonna hate on my comment backoff.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    #LoveMuslims
    #NoHate

If ur gonna hate on my comment backoff.
    People like you dear will bring change to individuals, communities, societies, and most importantly the world. God bless you!

ReputationRep:
    I read the Qur'an twice and I have a Muhammad Pickthall's translation with me but this thread is not about me, it's about the world. It must get a bit tiring if you keep saying that Islam says that and it says this when people haven't probably read it, this goes to Muslims as well as non-Muslims as yourself.

Everyone you must have heard about is not religion but rather culture. One of my favourite articles, http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/pr...n-carla-power/, corrects all the misconceptions you behold about Islam. Women and men are equal, none is more superior or inferior than one another. The niqab, forced marriages and so on are all cultural aspects that people mistaken as being Islamic. Those Islamic states that may stone gay people or kill people for doing absolutely nothing have a flawed institution because they abide to the Sharia Law. Personally I think the Sharia Law is flawed and useless as the people who make laws are bigots and complete hypocrites.

This article, http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...95356a5470d3f4, also shows the evident flaws of the Sharia Law and it cannot be, and will never be considered (personally to me) an Islamic law that all Muslims should abide to.

But for now, our main aim should bring everyone together. There may be some aspects where you may disagree with someone because they behold such a radical view compared to you but try talk to them peacefully. Religion shouldn't subject people into different groups. For example, I think murder is wrong and I wouldn't need religion to show it's wrong because I know it's bad. But some people make things up and use religion for everything when in fact they are not. If I didn't do wudhu(process of cleaning body in order to pray) but I'm clean, some people say to me I'm going to Hell because I'm not clean when I know I am clean. This in fact is not religion but rather innovation. You can't just make something up and equate that into a religious commandment.

Gosh sometimes I don't understand why some Muslims make things up. This just separates us more further away from the mainstream society.
    I am sorry, I do not believe the quran says that men and women are equal, one bit.

I have actually spoke to Muslim men online (not on tsr) about what the quran says, and they actually believe that men and women are not equal. They have even said it comes directly through the quran. The quran is sexist towards women and I know you don't want to believe it because it's your religion, but it is.

As well as that, if it wasn't sexist, then why is it that 9/10 countries that have the the least amount of women rights are islamic countries? If the quran wasn't sexist then Muslim men in islamic states wouldn't justify beating up their women with the quran. The quran itself does say that women are not supposed to disobey men.

I know you are trying to make the quran sound all nice and lovely and fight for gay/women rights, but I hate to break it down to you, it's not.

ReputationRep:
    I am sorry, I do not believe the quran says that men and women are equal, one bit.

I have actually spoke to Muslim men online (not on tsr) about what the quran says, and they actually believe that men and women are not equal. They have even said it comes directly through the quran. The quran is sexist towards women and I know you don't want to believe it because it's your religion, but it is.

As well as that, if it wasn't sexist, then why is it that 9/10 countries that have the the least amount of women rights are islamic countries? If the quran wasn't sexist then Muslim men in islamic states wouldn't justify beating up their women with the quran. The quran itself does say that women are not supposed to disobey men.

I know you are trying to make the quran sound all nice and lovely and fight for gay/women rights, but I hate to break it down to you, it's not.
    This.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

It's not religion but rather people manipulate the words of the Qur'an. There is a clear distinction between people and religion. Prophet Muhammad clearly stated that men and women are equal, he never once condemned women as being inferior than men. Those Islamic states follow the Sharia Law and I clearly told you that that so called Islamic system is flawed.

If the Qur'an is flawed what does it state in Surah An Nisa 4:124- "As for those who lead a righteous life, male or female, while believing, they enter Paradise; without the slightest injustice'' Or possibly another corrupt verse in Surah An-Nahl ''Whosoever doeth right, whether male or female, and is a believer, him verily we shall quicken with good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do''. If men and women are clearly not equal in Islam then why does the Qur'an say they are? If men and women are not equal then why is their clear differences no evident when the Day of Judgement comes. Surely, if God, thought men and women were not equal, He would show the clear distinctions between men and women in the Hereafter. As this is not the case, Islam does not condemn women as being inferior to men. I don't try to make the Qur'an sound nice, I show you the real Qur'an to humanity.

The point of this thread is to promote peace, social solidarity, and try to inform people that love is better than hate. Religious hatred, at the moment, is at its highest peak so we must do something about it. I understand you may hate Islam for whatever reason but that's ok because people can think about whatever they want. It's just that it is crucial for us to come together as human beings. We are all human beings, we all have free will so shouldn't that be the focus point of bringing us together.

Prophet Muhammad clearly stated that men and women are equal
    Whatever happened to 'different rights, different responsibilities?' :hmmmm2:

Zamestaneh

ReputationRep:

Zamestaneh
    No Islam invented equal rights mate. Modern feminism came from Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Zamestaneh
    Different rights, different responsiblities; some overlap is present and compromise is possible; all equal in deen before the sight of Allah.

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Different rights, different responsiblities; some overlap is present and compromise is possible; all equal in deen before the sight of Allah.
    Tell it to the kuffar-pleasing OP. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can clearly see that most people in this website are right wing and behold the view that 'Muslims are terrorists' as well as the fantastic view of 'Islam is not the religion of peace'.

We shouldn't shame on other religions, we shouldn't alienate Muslims, we shouldn't discriminate against each other, we shouldn't manipulate the words of God by referring to invalid, false translations of the Qur'an, we shouldn't separate ourselves from Muslims, we shouldn't mentally behold stereotypes about Muslims. The list goes on and on and on.

I truly believe that individuals, groups, and most importantly, our society should learn to live with each other. All the corruption, the deaths, the wars, the conflict between differing religions as well within a religion are all about people not learning how to live with people's differing views. I admit, as a Muslim, that IS are biggots alongside with loser terrorist organisations such as Boko Haram in Nigeria, Al Shabaab in Somalia, Al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan and there may be more Muslim terrorist organisations that are not known to us.

The main point is that these corrupt terrorist organisations clearly do not follow Islam. These so called Jihadists that fight in the name of Allah do not know what the definition of Jihad is. Realistically, these 'jihadists' have to infact reach greater jihad(struggle to overcome evil in one's own life for e.g. you stop backbiting about people) to then reach lesser jihad(struggle in the cause of Islam to overcome injustice in society for e.g. charity). These foolish people think they can achieve lesser jihad (even though they probably haven't reached greater jihad) by killing people. Religion or not, killing is bad. Even the Holy Qur'an states (Muhammad Pickthall's translation, prominent translator in Islam) 5:32 "For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind." So, whatever verse that supposedly makes you instantly think that Islam is a violent religion, this verse clearly shows Islam condemns violence. This verse is the basic fundamental of my life and you probably wouldn't think someone from a corrupt religion would be an absolute pacifist.

I do believe that most Muslims over-complicate our religion but personally I find it rather simple. Like any other religion, it encourages you to do good and try to avoid doing bad things. So, we simply should not judge each other. We shouldn't condemn people who are LGBT, we shouldn't fight within our own religions and with differing religions, we shouldn't hate each other but rather learn how to live in harmony and hopefully social solidarity will prevail.

As the Messiah states in Matthew 7:12 "Do to others as you would have them do to you". How would you feel if people accused you of being a terrorist because you belong to the same religion as those who are? Surely, you would feel annoyed and want people to think of you differently. Therefore, treat people the same way as you want to be treated. Jesus, a prominent figure in Christianity as well as Islam(he's known to be Isa), taught people to 'Love thy neighbour'. Jesus believed that aggression should be fought through love not hate. Even what Judas betrayed him and Jesus was arrested; he didn't want his disciples to use violence to prevent his arrest. Therefore, Christians as well as non-Christians should learn how to live peacefully.

The Gurus in Sikhism, Vishnu and Ganesh in Hinduism, the Prophets in Islam, Moses in Judaism, Siddhartha in Buddhism all taught their believers ethics and they shouldn't do bad sins. All our religions clearly have something significant in common that we should try to reduce our sins and do good. So, shouldn't this be the focuspoint of bringing us all together. We all want to do good so why should we shame Islam when we want to better ourselves morally. Forget about what the media presents Muslims to be, we should focus on bringing everyone together. A society works more effectively with interconnected people not alienated ones. So, let's all join together in a world with less religious hatred and more love.
    Some points I agree with, some I disagree with. Islam has many rules for a reason - it is a comprehensive guide to life, providing law, social ethics, advice on character, theology, war etc, and to be against certain aspects of any of these umbrella topics (beyond genuine Ikhtilaaf) is to be against Islam. One of these topics where you are against Islam is being pro-LGBT rights; sure one should hate the sin and not the sinner, and one should not ostracise people for *what they feel*; what they act upon is a different matter, and to be pro LGBT rights is to encourage people to act upon their desires.

Social cohesion can exist; solidarity on falsehood cannot.

ReputationRep:

For some reason that bit sounded so dodgy to me :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaRainbows)
    This.
    That.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndianMuslim)
    For some reason that bit sounded so dodgy to me :rofl2:
    It was on SingleMuslim.com :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    lool first date, "let's talk about the quran"...

yeah, that'd set the mood... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    I need to sign up to that site. If loveleest can speak to Muslim men online maybe I can speak to Muslim girls online too.
    :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.