Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Britain is better than the rest of the EU put together. Vote leave. watch

ReputationRep:
    God this attitude is as disgusting as 'muricans who think their country is the greatest ever.

We really are not that great nor better than the whole of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I k r.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    You deserve 2000 rep points just for this.

But I shall correct you "They take too many single young men where the majority act incredibly entitled for refugees which make all the genuine refugees look bad"
    vv

Just in case you think Germany's perfect as well (like drogon.)

With the age of consent of 14...
    It hasn't legalised same-sex marriage...
    - also therefore don't get the tax reductions that come with it
    - both of which are institutionalised discrimination.
    Nearly half of Turks in Germany put Islam above the law of the land...
    It has a ridiculously low birth rate, so it won't be German much longer... (the German you love so much.)

My point is, Germany has its issues, like most other countries, and Germany isn't perfect, so don't put it on a pedestal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    God this attitude is as disgusting as 'muricans who think their country is the greatest ever.

Pls don't take op seriously >_>

ReputationRep:

It is neither a reason for or against leaving the European Union.

So please don't let it affect your judgement. (pout)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Pls don't take op seriously >_>
    It honestly isn't aimed at just him, there are so many 'reasonable' people on this site who have the same attitude and it's quite irritating seeing it shine through all the time xD

I will be so glad when all of this is over on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    It honestly isn't aimed at just him, there are so many 'reasonable' people on this site who have the same attitude and it's quite irritating seeing it shine through all the time xD

Have you decided which one you;re gonna vote?

ReputationRep:
    It is neither a reason for or against leaving the European Union.

So please don't let it affect your judgement. (pout)
    Oh no that wouldn't sway my vote, even if this weren't happening I'd still find the attitude irritating.

Have you decided which one you;re gonna vote?
    Sorry I didn't see your first quote, but now I know why you're asking ^

I am leaning towards remain (sorry ) ; I think the debate last night on BBC1 helped me clarify a few things.

ReputationRep:
    I mean from the lies Cameron spews who defends remaining to the idiocy of Trump who is defending that UK leaves...so it's best not to put your vote on what someone else says.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no that wouldn't sway my vote, even if this weren't happening I'd still find the attitude irritating.

I am leaning towards remain (sorry ) ; I think the debate last night on BBC1 helped me clarify a few things.
    Liiiike?

ReputationRep:
    YAY, propaganda!

ReputationRep:

No one who has op's attitude is reasonable...

But again I'd like some of your personal highlights from the debate

ReputationRep:
    I mean from the lies Cameron spews who defends remaining to the idiocy of Trump who is defending that UK leaves...so it's best not to put your vote on what someone else says.
    Yep, you truly cannot trust politicians. High-profile people on both sides of the campaign have been spewing a hell of a lot of BS about the EU...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    Alright, aside from OP's xenophobic, racist and ultra-nationalistic nonsense, let's examine just how good (or bad) the UK is when compared to the rest of Europe.

English is NOT the most commonly spoken human language. It's only the third most commonly spoken native language, behind Mandarin and Spanish.

Britain's GDP per capita is only the 15th in Europe, behind such countries as Germany, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands.

Britain's GINI coefficient, which calculates how equal the distribution of wealth is within the country is far behind other European countries like Germany, France and Austria, and even lower then the EU's average.

Britain's HDI, or Human Development Index, which counts how developed a country is based on life expectancy, education, income and so on, is only 14th in the world, far behind countries like Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.

Global Gender Gap Report, which measures gender equality, has Britain at 18th place, behind France, Germany, Slovenia, Ireland and Sweden.

World Health Organization, which measures and ranks global health organizations, has Britain at 18th place, behind the Netherlands, Greece (yes, Greece), Portugal, Spain, Italy, and the top-ranker France.

Corruption Perception Index, which measures corruption and corruption-related issues within a country has Britain on 10th place, behind Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the Nederlands.

In summary, Britain is not the best country in the EU by any major stat or category imaginable. It's behind most, especially more developed ones. Stop spreading your jingoistic, xenophobic, prejudiced nonsense and face the facts. The EU doesn't need you. It is you who need the EU.
    What the **** are you doing? Are you crazy?
    Never confront Brexiters with legitimate facts and arguments, they can't handle that.

ReputationRep:
    Liiiike?
    Sorry by a few things I legit just meant my standpoint.

I think the amount of experts and world leaders who have recommended we remain in the EU in addition to some of the lies that have been debunked from remain e.g. 60% of laws from Europe, 350 million p/w.

Moreover I found that question about the last however many years as being some of the most peaceful amongst EU countries quite interesting, I'm surprised I haven't seen that brought up before on any other debate.

Ffs I'm gonna be dragged into a debate now aren't I.

ReputationRep:

What is the right decision (do you think)?
    Leaving

ReputationRep:
    I normally don't get involved with things like this but I just had to after reading the first post on this thread.

I'm sorry but English is only the most commonly spoken language because of the horrible colonial era when they forced their way into 1/4 of the world, stole from other countries and made those countries lose their culture both by stealing ancient artefacts and forcing those countries to become English. Also most of the words in the English language are loanwords stolen from other languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_...uage_of_origin

Also I'm so sick of hearing all this stuff to do with the referendum. I can't wait until it is just all over.

ReputationRep:
    How can we send back the illegal immigrants if we leave?

ReputationRep:
    Warning that family finances and jobs would be put at risk by a vote to leave, he said the UK's economic security was "paramount".

^^^Cameron's words.

Someone tell me how leaving jobs for Brits exactly? If anything less people means more job opportunity and higher wages, obviously.

Cameron has not been helping to regulate migration himself, but implies leavers are "quitters." Quitting on...what? If anything remainers are the quitters. They are terrified of standing on their own to continue trade and commerce. Japan is on its ones and it's the 3rd largest economy in the word, I believe. US is its own, there's no American union...there's just the US union.

Inexorably maybe you can help me here.

ReputationRep:

:mob:

Only jking and fair enough, so long as you're not listening from this guy.
    (Can I do any last minute convincing?) :eyeball:

(Original post by qwertypoiop)
    What the **** are you doing? Are you crazy?
    Never confront Brexiters with legitimate facts and arguments, they can't handle that.
    I gave Bremainers facts earlier and they haven't replied yet? :eyeball: Oh that's right; because they can't handle the facts.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.