Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are people speculating the negative effects of leaving the eu? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    In terms of market trading that is the norm

Those are just the short term symptoms of our situation as a country
    I hope you're correct, personally I don't hold the same faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    I hope you're correct, personally I don't hold the same faith.
    But that is the thing, we as a country need faith, we need growth, we have the potential.
    Change is inevitable

ReputationRep:
    But that is the thing, we as a country need faith, we need growth, we have the potential.
    Change is inevitable
    Sorry, I'm tapped out. I agree though, change is inevitable. I can only look towards the next referendum now.

ReputationRep:
    I would not say that our economy is "failing" , and you're just stating an opinion and not a fact, they have already been cuts and austerity when we still were in the EU.
    The big heads in the Eu could not give a toss to the poorest in uk.
    Yes. And those cuts (lead by IDS - a key member of the Leave campaign) have led to the deaths of thousands of disabled people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Yes. And those cuts (lead by IDS - a key member of the Leave campaign) have led to the deaths of thousands of disabled people.
    And did the EU intervene in any way?
    Exactly my point, food for thought, but thsoe who voted remain cannot guarantee that remaining in the uk would have given us a stronger economy, who knows how the economy would fare out in ten years.
    People need to step out of their bubble

ReputationRep:
    If the EU intervened in stopping austerity cuts, it would be violating its own Growth and Stability Pact and drawing on responses about sovereignty from all the Brexit heroes out there.

EU doesn't intervene - "muh spending cuts!"
    EU intervenes - "muh sovereignty!"

It's a Lose-Lose for them.

I adore how the Leave side won a referendum with these glaring contradictions remaining in their arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my point, food for thought, but thsoe who voted remain cannot guarantee that remaining in the uk would have given us a stronger economy, who knows how the economy would fare out in ten years.
    People need to step out of their bubble
    But the cuts weren't necessary, it was our own government's decision. Our economy was growing, the deficit shrinking, we had more money every year. People seem to be confusing how much money we have with how our government spends it.

Before, we could've voted in a different government (instead of trying to blame their actions on the EU and pretending everything was their fault), and they could've stopped giving tax cuts to the rich and start funding services because we had the money and our economy was growing. Now, if we vote in another government, we don't have the money to fund services, even if they want to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.