Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I voted Leave and am glad we are exiting the EU however although i understand why Cameron is resigning (who really wants to be submissive to a cabal of skeptics) i think that the Tory Party have lost a great asset. Many conservatives may view him as too wet but he has on many occasions had his finger correctly on the national mood and even as recently as 11pm last night, it looked like he probably had again (one risk too many though). I salute you Cameron.

Now, we do get the excitement of a new Tory leadership contest and priority 1 must be to keep that disloyal opportunist out of office.

(Original post by Aceadria)
    Hopefully now we can have a real conservative in office.
    If you expect a true blue leader to emerge out of this you'll probably be disappointing. May is as traditionally conservative as your going to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If you expect a true blue leader to emerge out of this you'll probably be disappointing. May is as traditionally conservative as your going to get.
    I'm still rooting for Rees-Mogg. He's also held a 'real' job before.

ReputationRep:
    So in this quest for democracy we are going to have our next prime minister chosen by... the 1922 committee.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    So in this quest for democracy we are going to have our next prime minister chosen by... the 1922 committee.
    I'm a little suprised how many Leave people on TV wanted Cameron to be the one to take us out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Boris was a useless london mayor, has some decent views though, but he changes them every new moon.
    He's pretty much a joke and if he became PM ... We won't be better of, i would even prefer gove over him.
    Will be both of them in charge I think (at least if the Conservatives are smart).

I see Nicky Morgan is trying to get herself in the frame, she has no chance, she was a remainer.

ReputationRep:
    Should we really be sure that Cameron is leaving for good? He pretty much has to say he's resigning (moral reasons), but it's naive to think he actually wants to resign. He still wants to be PM. His party will not accept his resignation and he'll be like "Ok guys, if you insist I guess I could stay a bit longer."

ReputationRep:
    CAMERON IS A QUITTER. HE JUST WANTED AN EASY WAY OUT THE JOB! :headfire:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by monk1324)
    Should we really be sure that Cameron is leaving for good? He pretty much has to say he's resigning (moral reasons), but it's naive to think he actually wants to resign. He still wants to be PM. His party will not accept his resignation and he'll be like "Ok guys, if you insist I guess I could stay a bit longer."
    I really don't think any PM would stick around to submit to a cabal of skeptics for 2 years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.