Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do English girls get married to international students? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    It's unlikely, masters students tend to be more international, in fact at my uni Home students let alone UK students are the minority when it comes to postgraduates, at masters level the ratio will be even lower.
    I am actually planning to have a good British year knowing the local cultures, peoples and everything. I am even planning to relate my research to something related to the local context. But true, a class with more international classmates makes it bit difficult to integrate with the local community.

ReputationRep:
    out of curiosity, if you were to get married within a year of your staying here, would you be expecting your wife to move to your country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    out of curiosity, if you were to get married within a year of your staying here, would you be expecting your wife to move to your country?
    Not necessarily. I am going to a country different from my home after UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Not necessarily. I am going to a country different from my home after UK.
    Right. I can tell you you're probably not going to find a wife here within a year. Focus on your studies and take up other interests and hobbies instead.

ReputationRep:
    Right. I can tell you you're probably not going to find a wife here within a year. Focus on your studies and take up other interests and hobbies instead.
    Indeed, after all these answers I am kind of convinced to take out marriage from the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Indeed, after all these answers I am kind of convinced to take out marriage from the list.
    That's probably for the best.

I think you'll be in for a bit of a culture shock when you come here.

ReputationRep:
    That's probably for the best.

I think you'll be in for a bit of a culture shock when you come here.
    I am open for new experiences. This won't be my first time studying abroad. I have studies another master in Malaysia and a course in the US and been to several European countries, but would love to know why you think I would have a culture shock there? See I don't want to google such things, these personal responses I get here are much genuine and responsive to my questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    I am open for new experiences. This won't be my first time studying abroad. I have studies another master in Malaysia and a course in the US and been to several European countries, but would love to know why you think I would have a culture shock there? See I don't want to google such things, these personal responses I get here are much genuine and responsive to my questions.
    Well, I'm not aware of how well travelled you are, I don't know you personally. But I think women here like to be more independent than what you might be used to in your country, and many prefer to get into long term relationships without ever getting married at all.

anyway, it's late. goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bolly_mad)
    Wait...are you coming to study or get married?

Priorities, man! Priorities!
    LOL

(Original post by DNA89)
    Why is that? I have an idea but would be good to know from you. Btw, does it help if I tell the girls that Kurds are fighting ISIS and stuff?
    It's because the majority British people are racist and see those that come from the Middle East as sub-human, whether they like to admit it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's because the majority British people are racist and see those that come from the Middle East as sub-human, whether they like to admit it or not.
    Surely there are racists everywhere, in the Middle East more than other places, but I don't think the majority of English people are racists. There are misconceptions about Middle East but it is due to ignorance and lack of knowledge. For example, many think that Middle East is a piece of desert where humans are living by hunting camels and kill each other in the name of Sharia law. Now it is hard to explain that it is not the case. I hope, individually I will be able to clear some of that dust at least with my surroundings.

Lmao don't bother with English girls. There's so many nicer girls out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lmao don't bother with English girls. There's so many nicer girls out there
    I disagree. English girls are among most beautiful girls I have seen. The very first kiss in my life has been from an English girl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.