Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benedictblue)
    Thoughts?
    Start learning German as Frankfurt may be the next financial capital of Europe

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if Germany is going to be next financial capital of Europe, given that Germany failed to inspire trust to its investors that they can regulate EU. Sterling will go down, but Euro will follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verier)
    I am not sure if Germany is going to be next financial capital of Europe, given that Germany failed to inspire trust to its investors that they can regulate EU. Sterling will go down, but Euro will follow.
    they'll likely spread out, I foresee Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, maybe some of the swiss cities...being very good targets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    they'll likely spread out, I foresee Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, maybe some of the swiss cities...being very good targets.
    I think Dublin has a good stance because:
    - native English language
    - good time zone
    - already good tax structure and favourable legal climate;
    - gateway to eu and gives this so necessary 'eu passporting'
    - supporting industries such as law firms, management consulting, big 4 etc are well developed.

We shall wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Whilst there are jobs that will be transferred from London, the greater losses will be those which the banks choose to start elsewhere within the EU. There is no reason for the EU to give us access to the single market, unless we give them something in return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)
    I think Dublin has a good stance because:
    - native English language
    - good time zone
    - already good tax structure and favourable legal climate;
    - gateway to eu and gives this so necessary 'eu passporting'
    - supporting industries such as law firms, management consulting, big 4 etc are well developed.

We shall wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As true as it is, and Ireland has been doing a lot better the past few years, Frankfurt is well set up for it, as are most Swiss cities.

Dublin isn't geographically as well connected, but we will see.

ReputationRep:
    As true as it is, and Ireland has been doing a lot better the past few years, Frankfurt is well set up for it, as are most Swiss cities.

Dublin isn't geographically as well connected, but we will see.
    Swiss is not in the eu. If uk can negotiate same agreements then why move at all. I think they will negotiate favourable terms, it just will take time and this prolongs the uncertainty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)
    Swiss is not in the eu. If uk can negotiate same agreements then why move at all. I think they will negotiate favourable terms, it just will take time and this prolongs the uncertainty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's very true, but they have their trade agreements in place. And the EU won't want any more members to leave, we're not facing the carrot, we're facing the stick.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww no, a poor inspirational future investment banker is at risk of not getting the job he so much deserves it's a shame leaving the EU has destroyed opportunities for people like you to do great things for our country and it's people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Awwww no, a poor inspirational future investment banker is at risk of not getting the job he so much deserves it's a shame leaving the EU has destroyed opportunities for people like you to do great things for our country and it's people
    You have no idea of the financial reprocussions the UK will face if banking and investment banking jobs move out of the UK.

Remind me, if you have nothing to tax and you tax nothing at 40%, what do you get back from it?

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea of the financial reprocussions the UK will face if banking and investment banking jobs move out of the UK.

Remind me, if you have nothing to tax and you tax nothing at 40%, what do you get back from it?
    Don't try and make them sound like heros.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and make them sound like heros.
    Ah the 'us and them' rhetoric. You should work for UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    Ah the 'us and them' rhetoric. You should work for UKIP.
    UKIP is led by a banker. No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    youre an idiot
    The person who spoke about the 40% tax forget to mention most their money is paid as untaxed or low taxed bonuses but made it sound like their tax contributions are huge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Please don't be a tool. Just because you saw the big short doesn't mean you have some new found understanding of the fin services industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just expressed my lack of enthusiasm for investment bankers, that's all

ReputationRep:
    The person who spoke about the 40% tax forget to mention most their money is paid as untaxed or low taxed bonuses but made it sound like their tax contributions are huge.
    Ahhh, pulling facts out of your arse.

Another trend of UKIP.

ReputationRep:
    it's hard work and people deserve what they earn. stop being salty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    if you're happy about brexit then banking might not be for you
    Why's that?

ReputationRep:
    It's comments like these that make me think leave voters had no idea what they were voting for. I've heard so many stupid reasons for leaving. A protest against 'the establishment', a protest again 'london', against 'cameron' and even against 'tories'.

Look at the tumbling share prices of the banks. Tell me how it's not already that bad?
    OMG share prices of banks are falling!?!? This was not worth taking our democracy back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    OMG share prices of banks are falling!?!? This was not worth taking our democracy back!
    Yay, more empty rhetoric from people who don't understand how economics works.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.