Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    Will look into it now you right wing crazies are running the shop
    I'm centre-right, thanks. I also voted to remain, but I will always respect democracy results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    I'm centre-right, thanks. I also voted to remain, but I will always respect democracy results.
    I'll respect what doesn't leave people terrified and fearful. What doesn't let the hate filled and xenophobic win. That doesn't criticise people for having concerns for a ridiculous plan jepodising us all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    I'll respect what doesn't leave people terrified and fearful. What doesn't let the hate filled and xenophobic win. That doesn't criticise people for having concerns for a ridiculous plan jepodising us all
    We're in democracy homeland, United Kingdom deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the video earlier. Thing is that pragmatic matters are important. For me principle came first hence I voted leave but I am still concerned about the practical aspects. It is too early to be fearmongering but naturally the fearmongering is at hysterical levels. I think that in the long-term we can come out of this better off but it will take Scotland and Ireland not wanting to leave in the first place for us to even have a UK to improve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    They cannot propose bills. So, therefore, an unelected body can decide what they want, and we have no power besides maybe saying no and the other nations overriding us.
    Yes, that's the democracy you so dearly crave. 48% of us said "no", but we have to deal with it.

It seems that the real problem is that you only like democracy when it suits you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Yes, that's the democracy you so dearly crave. 48% of us said "no", but we have to deal with it.

It seems that the real problem is that you only like democracy when it suits you.
    What are you on about, majority rules. I wouldn't be whining and talking about having a second referendum if it was the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    Bruv... There was once a time when the UK wasn't part of this EU and it still managed just fine. Don't you forget that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    What are you on about, majority rules. I wouldn't be whining and talking about having a second referendum if it was the other way around.
    You're claiming the EU is undemocratic because we didn't always get our own way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    You're claiming the EU is undemocratic because we didn't always get our own way.
    No, I am claiming it is undemocratic because we couldn't propose our own laws. That is a cornerstone of democracy. The fact we lost lots of the votes is just the icing on the cake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    No it chose fear over rational thinking.

I would hate to say most leave supporters are racist but a large proportion are and their reasons were solely to do with immigration with no second thought to other issues which would arise.
    Haha.

Fear are you out of your mind.

Cowards like yourself voted out on ridiculous fears of WW3, a great depression, mass unemployment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    Haha.

Fear are you out of your mind.

Cowards like yourself voted out on ridiculous fears of WW3, a great depression, mass unemployment.
    Awkward i did not vote out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.