What are you listening to now? VIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    I can't really say a lot of the acts this year interest me haha. I didn't even know Editors were playing until like the day they were actually playing and by time I found out, I'd missed their set I suppose there's footage online, but it would of been better to actually watch it at the time, so I probably won't watch it now.

(Haha I'm aware it's been very muddy XD) and yeah, me too

No I didn't
    no, there aren't any mayor acts except coldplay that i'm really interested in i always find out before and always make a list of the ones i wanna see (attached below if you wanna see )

Name:  IMG_9354.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  498.2 KB

it's not to say that i love all the acts on there, but it's definitely the ones i'm interested in well, this year the bbc have really reduced the hours they show on tv, annoying as hell but it's all live on their website and you can catch up on all the acts as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03y0mbg
    ^^ that's the link for the editors

new order performed yesterday too, i'll put the link below if you're interested
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ybl05

here's the david bowie one too http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03yhz0v

would be great to go (even together one day, maybe we could go with Amellia123 too ), only thing is that you don't know any of the acts when you buy the tickets

you need to listen to it

ReputationRep:
    orchestral + breakcore = $$$

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    no, there aren't any mayor acts except coldplay that i'm really interested in i always find out before and always make a list of the ones i wanna see (attached below if you wanna see )

Name:  IMG_9354.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  498.2 KB

it's not to say that i love all the acts on there, but it's definitely the ones i'm interested in well, this year the bbc have really reduced the hours they show on tv, annoying as hell but it's all live on their website and you can catch up on all the acts as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03y0mbg
    ^^ that's the link for the editors

new order performed yesterday too, i'll put the link below if you're interested
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ybl05

here's the david bowie one too http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03yhz0v

would be great to go (even together one day, maybe we could go with Amellia123 too ), only thing is that you don't know any of the acts when you buy the tickets

you need to listen to it
    I think Glastonbury is always an odd one for me as I'm much more into older music, though I suppose they do tend to have the older bands on the other stages sometimes I guess. Maybe Echo and the Bunnymen will play one of the other stages one day Seems doubtful but I can hope They were one of the headliners in 1985

Ah I see Yeah that is quite annoying...I prefer to actually watch it on TV at the time, you know.

Cool! Thank you May check that out in a bit.

I think my dad actually recorded New Order so I'll watch that later probably, thanks though

Thanks

Haha yeah maybe

That was okay, I liked the riff, but I'm not really a fan of Coldplay... Though some of their early stuff is good

ReputationRep:
    I think Glastonbury is always an odd one for me as I'm much more into older music, though I suppose they do tend to have the older bands on the other stages sometimes I guess. Maybe Echo and the Bunnymen will play one of the other stages one day Seems doubtful but I can hope They were one of the headliners in 1985

Ah I see Yeah that is quite annoying...I prefer to actually watch it on TV at the time, you know.

Cool! Thank you May check that out in a bit.

I think my dad actually recorded New Order so I'll watch that later probably, thanks though

Thanks

Haha yeah maybe

That was okay, I liked the riff, but I'm not really a fan of Coldplay... Though some of their early stuff is good
    yeah i understand... maybe, you never know

yeah, me too

okay, no worries

would be great to do something music related altogether

i know what you mean i prefer their earlier stuff too, the last two albums are quite lacking in that respect :/ i personally think that ghost stories is definitely their worst album to date. only liked two songs from that album (sky full of stars and midnight). their last one, adventures of a lifetime was a quite a bit better. liked most of their songs on there. i think my favourite album is 'viva la vida' right now, but the live 2012 one was great too my favourite song of theirs at the moment is 'cemeteries of london' although my all time favourite is with the scientist or fix you yeah, the riff was great and maybe it's obvious but coldplay are one of my favourites :teehee:

(i know i'm waffling a lot, so feel free to shut me up whenever )

ReputationRep:
    yeah i understand... maybe, you never know

yeah, me too

okay, no worries

would be great to do something music related altogether

i know what you mean i prefer their earlier stuff too, the last two albums are quite lacking in that respect :/ i personally think that ghost stories is definitely their worst album to date. only liked two songs from that album (sky full of stars and midnight). their last one, adventures of a lifetime was a quite a bit better. liked most of their songs on there. i think my favourite album is 'viva la vida' right now, but the live 2012 one was great too my favourite song of theirs at the moment is 'cemeteries of london' although my all time favourite is with the scientist or fix you yeah, the riff was great and maybe it's obvious but coldplay are one of my favourites :teehee:

(i know i'm waffling a lot, so feel free to shut me up whenever )
    It would be cool Would love to see The Cure too. Have you seen some of the recent articles on them btw? They seem to be doing great
    http://www.salon.com/2016/06/24/how_...ium=socialflow

It would Maybe it could happen someday...

You know Bookworm, for me I like bands to have a bit of an edge xD Current Coldplay aren't really like that, and the same goes for other bands nowadays They're all flowery drum kits and peace and love etc. and it's so...cringey? And yeah, I have to say The Scientist and Fix You are good songs, also In My Place and Clocks. I liked them a bit when I was first getting into music. I've considered downloading 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' again actually (used to have it).

(Haha it's fine, I can relate as I can talk for ages about Echo and the Bunnymen )

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The Cure - Just Like Heaven

ReputationRep:
    The Cure - Closedown

ReputationRep:
    Klangkarussel - Sonnentanz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ELO's Glastonbury set!
    Earlier was Bastille on iPlayer, later will be The Last Shadow Puppets - missed both when they were actually on

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool Would love to see The Cure too. Have you seen some of the recent articles on them btw? They seem to be doing great
    http://www.salon.com/2016/06/24/how_...ium=socialflow

It would Maybe it could happen someday...

You know Bookworm, for me I like bands to have a bit of an edge xD Current Coldplay aren't really like that, and the same goes for other bands nowadays They're all flowery drum kits and peace and love etc. and it's so...cringey? And yeah, I have to say The Scientist and Fix You are good songs, also In My Place and Clocks. I liked them a bit when I was first getting into music. I've considered downloading 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' again actually (used to have it).

(Haha it's fine, I can relate as I can talk for ages about Echo and the Bunnymen )
    yeah haha, you bet

looks good i know that they are currently touring, right? their support act is a band called twilight sad, you might like them actually

maybe, it would be wonderful though :moon:

edge? what sort of edge? i know what you mean though... but not everyone is like that, i think you're making a generalisation there haha i just think that i'm a wannabe hipster, complete with flower crown and jean jacket and you are like the edgy guy with a suit with a great music taste and so have conflicting views but yeah, i like cringey music apparently yeah, all great songs and that's awesome

(i could go on for ages about anything though, but mostly music of course :teehee:)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    yeah haha, you bet

looks good i know that they are currently touring, right? their support act is a band called twilight sad, you might like them actually

maybe, it would be wonderful though :moon:

edge? what sort of edge? i know what you mean though... but not everyone is like that, i think you're making a generalisation there haha i just think that i'm a wannabe hipster, complete with flower crown and jean jacket and you are like the edgy guy with a suit with a great music taste and so have conflicting views but yeah, i like cringey music apparently yeah, all great songs and that's awesome

(i could go on for ages about anything though, but mostly music of course :teehee:)
    Yeah and they seem to be doing really well I've heard of The Twilight Sad. Might check them out sometime... (that reminds me, this Cure song is great. See what you think): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE36xUS1QZo - I love it

Hmmm well I guess I just kind of mean that I like bands/artists that are a bit more atmospheric and sort of rocky Editors and Interpol are probably the best example in terms of current bands. I mean Coldplay aren't like that. XD Yeah I'm the guy in the overcoat :lol: Sorry I don't meant to criticise what you like, that wasn't my intention They're just not to my taste.

And yeah, I probably was generalising a bit actually I guess I just don't have a particularly positive view of current music nowadays However I know there are good bands (imo) out there, like I checked out The National recently. So yeah, I know there are if you look

(Hmmm yeah I can once I get talking actually )

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The Cure - Plainsong

ReputationRep:
    never get tired of this

ReputationRep:

Groove levels over 9000

ReputationRep:
    The Cranberries - No Need To Argue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.