Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well the sky is still there and the sun is still in it. So I think things are okay. Que sera.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    No, I don't and its absolutely terrifying you people forced us into this position.
    Yes, the people of Britain have democratically decided to leave. Are you not a fan of democracy? Maybe North Korea is the place for you...
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Hmm,I guess we should just get a degree and leave the country tbh.Although Ill be worried to do a phD here as I have no idea where the funding will come from.
    This is why young people were robbed, I get that leaving may seem like a viable choice to some but those who chose to remain chose to do so because of the vast opportunities and now it's looking bleak. My plan was to do Biomedical Science and then possibly transfer to a medicine degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Jesus Christ. We have a democracy and we voted out. GET OVER IT.
    I'm sorry I'm a little upset over the fact the economy is unstable, Scotland will leave, young people are screwed over again, UKIP and racists won today and its a mess. But no, I will go down with this ship and will do everything I physically can to stop these leave people further ruining the country.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I'm a little upset over the fact the economy is unstable, Scotland will leave, young people are screwed over again, UKIP and racists won today and its a mess. But no, I will go down with this ship and will do everything I physically can to stop these leave people further ruining the country.
    Well, you're going to fail. We're leaving. End of. Now you can either accept it and work together to create a better future for Britain or keep whining like a child over something that was won fair and square.

How nauseous are you:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Well, you're going to fail. We're leaving. End of. Now you can either accept it and work together to create a better future for Britain or keep whining like a child over something that was won fair and square.
    I will undermine everything you try to do, we will not let you ruin this country for madness. No I will not accept this. I will keep fighting, the younger generation voted remain, you oldies will die eventually, we will correct this.

ReputationRep:
    I will undermine everything you try to do, we will not let you ruin this country for madness
    All right but it's not going to happen. Try but you will fail. And how exactly are you planning on doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    How nauseous are you:rofl:
    I'm sorry but you are on a internet forum making fun of people worried about their jobs, their careers, their homes and the impact this vote will have on the rest of their lives. You won and now we are all suffering. There are massive risks which you never had a plan for, your laptop Farage lies have been exposed, we are in trouble. Can you try to muster a little piece of decency and even if you don't agree try not to mock people concerned with this reckless endeavour?

ReputationRep:
    I will undermine everything you try to do, we will not let you ruin this country for madness. No I will not accept this. I will keep fighting, the younger generation voted remain, you oldies will die eventually, we will correct this.
    That's exactly what young idealistic hippie revolutionaries in the 1970s and 1980s said while battling Darth Thatcher. 35 years later and they're now old, right-wing Tories that voted Leave.

ReputationRep:
    I voted remain but I agree we need to move forward. Deep seated divisions have been revealed and we need to work at these not call for second referendums and London independence. I would not be in favor of Scotland leaving but would respect their wishes if they vote for that.

Some of the positives for me is that Cameron's inept leadership has been exposed, Canada have expressed interest in strengthening ties which is quite nice, the plight of the North may make politicians wake up and take them seriously.

ReputationRep:
    All right but it's not going to happen. Try but you will fail. And how exactly are you planning on doing this?
    Look, you made this thread to gloat and say hey we won can your negativity. But there are valid reasons why people are worried and you don't even care. Britain is not guaranteed to succeed and you took a massive risk which we all have to pay for now. Billions have been lost because of you, jobs are at risk because of you, people feel unwelcome here because of you, people are frightened for the future because you got what you wanted. So don't try and pretend you are some perfect thing that people can't object to because we are all terrified and in this mess and you are not helping.

ReputationRep:
    The 'oldies' are the people who fought for our country against the Nazis, they have contributed so much to our country and their vote matters as much as anyone else's. I don't see why you feel the need to insult the people who have done so much for us. Never disrespect the elderly like this. It's the young people (us) who haven't contributed, it's us who largely don't understand what the EU has done to the country. If anything, their vote is the most important.

ReputationRep:
    Look, you made this thread to gloat and say hey we won can your negativity. But there are valid reasons why people are worried and you don't even care. Britain is not guaranteed to succeed and you took a massive risk which we all have to pay for now. Billions have been lost because of you, jobs are at risk because of you, people feel unwelcome here because of you, people are frightened for the future because you got what you wanted. So don't try and pretend you are some perfect thing that people can't object to because we are all terrified and in this mess and you are not helping.
    Again, I ask, what exactly will you do to stop the Brexit from happening?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the minority. I know it'll be tough to begin with and possibly for years to come but I'm really hopeful about my future.

ReputationRep:
    The 'oldies' are the people who fought for our country against the Nazis, they have contributed so much to our country and their vote matters as much as anyone else's. I don't see why you feel the need to insult the people who have done so much for us. Never disrespect the elderly like this. It's the young people (us) who haven't contributed, it's us who largely don't understand what the EU has done to the country. If anything, their vote is the most important.
    The old people got free university and ruined the housing market. They got cheap accommodation and leave us all to suffer. They got the advantages of the EU now force us out. I have nothing against the older people other than their opinions on the EU. Younger people are more accepting. Over time, the conservative will die, the young people will be able to vote. A tiny amount won it, that will swing the other way soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    I'm in the minority. I know it'll be tough to begin with and possibly for years to come but I'm really hopeful about my future.
    You should be!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need to study abroad? The UK has some of the best universities in the world. Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL and many others are world renowned. Also, as far as I know, the Erasmus scheme will still exist and many universities have been doing year abroad schemes with countries outside the EU so Brexit won't have a massive impact.
    Forget the 'best' universities in the world, this person, who you replied to, cannot do what they wanted to do. Perhaps they just about overcame their struggles and was finally able to do what they wanted to do. That's their decision, so you can't say "Why do you need to study abroad?" That's their decision and you need to look at the bigger picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Exactly. Norway and Switzerland were doing pretty well last time I checked.
    Depends on whether we'll be able to get a Norway or Switzerland type deal... and whether this country is really built for such a deal.

ReputationRep:
    No, the majority of those are dead, actually. My grandmother is 89 - she was alive during the war, not old enough to really get involved in it, but she remembers being evacuated and she remembers the blitz. She's also completely for staying in, because, and I quote, "I've already seen extreme nationalism, I'm not prepared to see it again, and certainly not in Britain."

The 'oldies' who voted 'out' are the entitled baby boomers that followed, nicknamed the 'narcissist generation' by the ones who fought for our country against the Nazis.

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that their vote is important. It is important. But please don't sanctify those people. The elderly are important, but they're still human.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.