Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAndChess)
    Should be an A* assuming your other modules can make it up to 480 over the six modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i would be so chuffed if i managed to get it!ahhh i hope so! thanks frienddd

ReputationRep:
    What were the marks for each question?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightinwind)
    friends, for q 3b, i worked out gradient right and everything and set it to 0 then stupidly got -66-3pie/22+pie as my answer, how many marks would i get from 4?
    I got minus too

ReputationRep:
    hey, how many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyanderly14)
    hey, how many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can anyone say what 67/75 and C3 and 67-70/75 in C4 would probably be as a grade? If my other UMS adds up to 480 will that be an A* or an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ri.Bal)
    Hey, can anyone say what 67/75 and C3 and 67-70/75 in C4 would probably be as a grade? If my other UMS adds up to 480 will that be an A* or an A?
    You might scrape an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAndChess)
    You might scrape an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, appreciate the response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ri.Bal)
    For 7.b,can you do y=8 minus the equation of the curve instead? Limits 0 to 17.5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harshbrule)
    For 7.b,can you do y=8 minus the equation of the curve instead? Limits 0 to 17.5?
    No

The integration method would have looked like this
    \displaystyle \pi\int_0^{\frac{17}2} 8^2dx  - \pi\int_{\frac12}^{\frac{17}2} (2x-1)^{{\frac34}^2}dx

Since the limits differ, a single integral solution can not be performed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.