Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    But as soon as it goes up again I can assume you will be buying a one way ticket out of here? It's quite clear, you don't want to he here and people don't want you here
    I'm applying to uni elsewhere in the EU in July if there are places available, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    A large number of people work in factories or in the construction industry which is full of migrants. Stop talking rubbish.
    When a lazy chav turns up to work an hour late, works a few hours, moans about it being too hard, "not being bothered" and does a half hearted job, only to probably quit a week later. They're obviously going to hire a hard working migrant. They tend to be a better employee, perhaps if people actually bothered they wouldn't "have their jobs stolen"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    When a lazy chav turns up to work an hour late, works a few hours, moans about it being too hard, "not being bothered" and does a half hearted job, only to probably quit a week later. They're obviously going to hire a hard working migrant. They tend to be a better employee, perhaps if people actually bothered they wouldn't "have their jobs stolen"
    Stupid generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Sure, I'll just need to wait a few years for the pound to recover since it's currently worth less than it's been for 40 years.
    Actually, GBP/EUR returned to its 2014 level and is still above the 2009-2013 period.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?fr...o=EUR&view=10Y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I'm applying to uni elsewhere in the EU in July if there are places available, so yes.
    I'm not talking about university. Will you permanently emigrate out of the U.K. You people are not wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16characterlimit)
    So what your saying is, economists are BS?

Were back to square one, and I am wasting my time.
    No. I'm saying I'll take the opinion of an economist with a track record of accurate predictions vs those who work for the likes of the IMF and have a notorious track record of getting things wrong.

ReputationRep:
    A large number of people work in factories or in the construction industry which is full of migrants. Stop talking rubbish.
    The proportion of migrant workers in Wales is roughly half of that of England. I know plenty of people who work factories in the south Wales valleys, and the only threat to their livelihoods they've faced is job cuts. Which are only likely to increase after Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    I'm not talking about university. Will you permanently emigrate out of the U.K. You people are not wanted
    Weren't you saying like half an hour ago that you regretted your vote? :rofl:

I'd like to emigrate, but I don't have the money, and it's unlikely I'll have much money any time soon considering the way our economy's going.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid generalisation.
    That's the general trend in the factory my mother works in. There's nothing wrong with a migrant having a job, at least they're contributing to the country, I just wonder how many of the people who complain about jobs being stolen actually apply to them, or are even qualified for them.

Edit - it's worth mentioning the large majority who work in her factory are white Brits anyway. Wales is hardly "flooded with immigrants"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    That's the general trend in the factory my mother works in. There's nothing wrong with a migrant having a job, at least they're contributing to the country, I just wonder how many of the people who complain about jobs being stolen actually apply to them, or are even qualified for them.
    Anecdotal evidence.

Too many fallacious arguments going on here.

ReputationRep:
    Anecdotal evidence.

Mate, in Wales there are more people put into jobs by the EU than there are in the entire migrant workforce here. Try harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Mate, in Wales there are more people put into jobs by the EU than there are in the entire migrant workforce here. Try harder.
    Where did I say otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    If you do not wish to live in a sovereign UK then you are free to exercise your democratic right and go and live out your European fantasy in another EU country.

You can apply for a temporary residency permit, then continue applying for extensions until you will eventually be granted indefinite leave to remain, which is most likely going to be one of the terms of negotiation agreed between the UK and EU.

You have a large window of time to save up some money, prepare and then leave the UK to go and live your EU fantasy elsewhere. Nobody is holding you back but yourself so why aren't any of you doing it? Why are you whinging at the outcome of a democratic referendum?

We'd like to get on with things here and reach out to our global partners, initiate free trade agreements, bring highly skilled migrants here who add pure value to our country and also, we'd like to remove the regulations and red tape that cripple small and medium sized businesses.

If you'd prefer joining the mass unemployment heap in Spain, austerity in Greece or far right religious extremism in Poland then you are free to leave the UK. Nobody is stopping you leaving, flying the European flag in your bedroom window and singing the anthem as you prepare yourself for life in your newfound European utopia.

The vast majority of the remain campaign will not do so because they are not as EU minded as they say they are and prefer to make the entire thing about them and how marginalised they are. This is not about the result but how they want to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. This is what they always do.

Oh well, no one cares about your tears. Get over it!
    You're basically asking for the biggest economic meltdown in history. If every remain voter left, they'd take their intelligence and ability to contribute to our economy with them (because god knows there's none of that with Brexiters). Britain would regress to a pathetic excuse for a nation. Not that it isn't already, since you've all voted our lives away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsapRocky)
    Lol there we go showing typical leave campaign racist tendencies.. Is Pakistan the only Islamic country you can name without the use of Google?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What race was that racist against?

ReputationRep:
    Where did I say otherwise?
    So what's your problem with EU migrants then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    You're basically asking for the biggest economic meltdown in history. If every remain voter left, they'd take their intelligence and ability to contribute to our economy with them (because god knows there's none of that with Brexiters). Britain would regress to a pathetic excuse for a nation. Not that it isn't already, since you've all voted our lives away.
    How do you feel about the FTSE 250 now being higher than Feb 16?

ReputationRep:
    If you do not wish to live in a sovereign UK then you are free to exercise your democratic right and go and live out your European fantasy in another EU country.

You can apply for a temporary residency permit, then continue applying for extensions until you will eventually be granted indefinite leave to remain, which is most likely going to be one of the terms of negotiation agreed between the UK and EU.

You have a large window of time to save up some money, prepare and then leave the UK to go and live your EU fantasy elsewhere. Nobody is holding you back but yourself so why aren't any of you doing it? Why are you whinging at the outcome of a democratic referendum?

We'd like to get on with things here and reach out to our global partners, initiate free trade agreements, bring highly skilled migrants here who add pure value to our country and also, we'd like to remove the regulations and red tape that cripple small and medium sized businesses.

If you'd prefer joining the mass unemployment heap in Spain, austerity in Greece or far right religious extremism in Poland then you are free to leave the UK. Nobody is stopping you leaving, flying the European flag in your bedroom window and singing the anthem as you prepare yourself for life in your newfound European utopia.

The vast majority of the remain campaign will not do so because they are not as EU minded as they say they are and prefer to make the entire thing about them and how marginalised they are. This is not about the result but how they want to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. This is what they always do.

Oh well, no one cares about your tears. Get over it!
    Scotland voted remain
    Northern Island majority voted for remain...

Fun times for the new "Sovereign" UK innit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    They wont leave anyway as they are full of ****. They're just a bunch of drama queens trying to make it all about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Scotland voted remain
    Northern Island majority voted for remain...

Fun times for the new "Sovereign" UK innit!
    As it stands, we're heading for a sovereign UK. If that changes then we'll discuss it then.

ReputationRep:
    Anecdotal evidence.

Do you how it feels seeing no good lazy idiots blame immigrant because they're too lazy to do anything. My grandparents and parent worked their absolute arses off (even employing WHITE BRITISH people at certain points), only to have ****tards with one GCSE and an STD to blame everything on immigration. Some of us have contributed way more than these idiots ever will, yet we always get the blame.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I realise I'm perhaps going off on a tangent, but Im tired of this "let's blame everything on immigrants" attitude

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.