Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stop telling people to "shut up and accept it" Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just shut up and accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Tell that to the working people of Port Talbot.

http://news.sky.com/story/1717499/ta...et-over-brexit

I am working class, I'm just not stupid.
    Hmm...
    The government can now nationalise it if they need to outside of the EU. Leave has caused uncertainty, but not economic decline.

ReputationRep:
    The British people have spoken in a free and fair referendum. We will leave the EU.

Shut up and accept it.

ReputationRep:
    This referendum was in no way democratic.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    lol shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    lol
    Surprising how little respect for democracy a lot of Remainers on TSR have post-referendum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    Surprising how little respect for democracy a lot of Remainers on TSR have post-referendum
    It's their tolerance I admire the most, especially after many were calling on people to be tolerant of others before the vote..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    You lost. Accept it. Throwing a tantrum won't help.
    The fact that you take this referendum as lightly as a game of winners and losers is a little concerning. I don't think the reality has sunk in yet has it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desi123)
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"- Winston Churchill.

You guys have provided the best argument against democracy I've encountered yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    It's their tolerance I admire the most, especially after many were calling on people to be tolerant of others before the vote..
    Are these the same people by any chance? :lol:

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"- Winston Churchill.

You guys have provided the best argument against democracy I've encountered yet.
    Have you talked to me or the vast majority of Leave voters? No.

Like that Stefan guy above, you seriously need to learn to respect others' opinions :rolleyes:

It's hilarious how so many so-called "liberals" are doing this

BRB, the vote didn't go my way so **** democracy! Oh noes. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't take anything lightly. Your side lost. What else would you call it?

Pushing another referendum is unbecoming of you and the whole Remain side. There wont be another one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    The fact that you take this referendum as lightly as a game of winners and losers is a little concerning. I don't think the reality has sunk in yet has it.
    It's never going to sink in. In 10 years when there's no immigrants and they still can't get a job, they still have no food, their benefits are still being cut and the NHS and schools are fully privatised, they'll have found something else to blame.

(Original post by toronto353)
    X
    By the way, your post on the other thread got reported (along with all posts that featured some variant of 'get over it, you lost').

ReputationRep:
    Boris is the biggest backstabber in UK history, His whole campaign was about usurping David Cameron to Become PM. He knows the Brexit is a delusional campaign filled with lies, led by one of the most stupidest Politicians in the world (Farage), Boris is not the clumsy buffoon we all think he is, he's smart and knows that the only way he can become pm is if he makes David resigns after brexit and make it look like he orchestrated brexit. He knows he would never be PM via a General election because of David leading the tories and even if he runs as the representative, the public would never vote for him. This country will go to sh** if such a person is Our PM, Unelected PM's are always the worst (look at Gordon Brown).

ReputationRep:
    This country is going to go down. Let the Brexiters go down with it. The poor are going to get poorer thanks to Johnson and Goves' private interests, lies and scaremongering. It's hard to sympathise with a bunch of such monumentally disillusioned people, but you have to feel sorry for them at least. It wasn't entirely their fault, but I can't guarantee that they'd have made the right decision even if they were given facts.

People have as much right to question a majority decision as the majority have to make a stupid decision. Democracy is just about reading the Daily Mail one morning and then going out and casting your vote and that's that. Maybe that's all you can be arsed with, but if people want to take an active role in politics, that should be encouraged.

People should be held accountable for their decisions. If you vote for something and everything goes tits up, you shouldn't just get to forget about it while everyone else suffers the consequences. We're completely entitled to make a big fuss about everything that's gone wrong as a result of the leave voters, we're not going to pretend it's not happening.

This referendum was in no way democratic. If this had been a general election, the masterminds behind Vote Leave would be in prison for the blatant corruption in this campaign. People made their votes based on things that just weren't true - "we'll be £350m/week better off", "Turkey is joining and sending all their immigrants", and so on. Millions of pounds were spend on advertising LIES to scare people into voting.

Boris Johnson and Michael Gove won people over with this rhetoric, turning the EU into this monster representing the elites. Lots of people voted "against the establishment", and are now realising they've been played by the elites the whole time.

Something being "democratic" doesn't mean that it's fair or right. Stop telling people how to feel and behave.
    I agree the Brexiters are bullies. They've said a lot of mean things to me for being concerned about my country.

ReputationRep:
    We've got our country back. Shut up and accept it. We are a sovereign, independent nation now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    We've got our country back. Shut up and accept it. We are a sovereign, independent nation now.
    We'll be even more sovereign and independent once Scotland vote to leave, considering there's now 59% support for Scottish independence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    We have literally always been a sovereign, independent nation. That is so insulting to countries which were actually colonised by Great Britain and ACTUALLY gained independence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    I'm afraid you don't understand how the government and world works. It makes no difference who is PM. The General Election is a pure illusion. No matter who you voted for, you were voting for the EU agenda.
    What about know? No more EU, Who will you blame when Boris F**ks up as expected. That's the thing now you can not blame the 'Immigrants', 'EU', 'David Cameron' anymore you are gonna have to step up and face your problems, knowing Britons they are most likely gonna pile it up on the PM.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.