The Student Room Group

Anyone else hate parties?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I hate the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.
Reply 41
Original post by shawn_o1
definitely, plus I would've found more internship opportunities. I guess having a friend(s) is not a bad idea after all :smile:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I suppose I'll just have to grin and bear the parties, at least during freshers.
Most of the time I'm very studious and self-contained but when I go to parties I completely let loose. People must honestly think I have bipolar or something.
Reply 43
Original post by Antediluvian
Yeah, I hate the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.

Don't forget UKIP, the greens...
Original post by Platopus
I hate them, I really do. I hate the loud music, I'm too shy to dance and really talk to new people, I hate the taste of alcohol. I spend every moment checking the time and wishing it were over. I don't understand why my friends enjoy them so much. I would much rather be at home reading a good book. I'm 18, by the way.

The only parties I recognize are political parties.

Edit: damn somebody beat me.
Reply 45
Original post by The_Meritocrat
The only parties I recognize are political parties.

Edit: damn somebody beat me.

Well done anyway haha
Original post by Platopus
It was one of my best friend's 18th birthday party last night and she was so excited about it I felt that I really had to go. I actually ended up leaving early I was having such a bad time.

yeh its hard like you want to not let them down but then you also don't want to have an awful time and feel like you're the odd one out cause you're not enjoying it

Quick Reply

Latest