Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

450 MPs from remain are set to reject the result of the EU referendum! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    its not about not getting their way. Its about the blocking the will of 17 million people and their views.

And calling all 17 million of them racist is the reason people like you is causing this country to go to the dogs. As long as the opinion is the status quo it is fine, but if it is not then you're automatically racists.

God help this country
    I didn't say they were racist.

I just said that they were more likely to be old, white and from areas of lower immigration.

It isn't my issue if you voted with them/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    By blocking it, right wing fascism will die and cease to exist
    If Parliament blocked this it'd be a call to arms for all far right groups. It'd be a recruiting Sergeant for groups who have long said the government doesn't care about the white working class.
    It'd also bring more moderate groups into the conflict who aren't far right but want the result of the referendum to be respected.

In short, it'd be absolute chaos which is not what the county needs right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Yes, its a really good idea to make 17 million people in your country angry.
    With the Iraq war they succeeded in making 60+ million people angry, didn't stop them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I didn't say they were racist.

I just said that they were more likely to be old, white and from areas of lower immigration.

It isn't my issue if you voted with them/
    a Lot of the leave voters were from the Black and Asian community.

Just look at areas like Birmingham, Bradford, Bolton, Wolverhampton, Blackburn, areas of high ethnic minorities.. they cant all fit in with your descriptions..

People need to realise there are other issues other than immigration that made people vote leave ( including myself) So a ignoring of the the right of 17 million people will unnecessarily turn who were moderates into more of racists and chaos will ensue.

Goodluck with that then

ReputationRep:
    a Lot of the leave voters were from the Black and Asian community.

Birmingham, Bradford, Bolton, Wolverhampton, Blackburn,
    Lol. No, they weren't.

It was just a high turnout of the white community in those areas that don't like ethnic minorities.

Ethnic minority turnout was lower and Pro-Remain.

Why the **** would ethnic minorities vote Leave? They don't care about immigration.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    As I have said before. It would be a very stupid move from Parliament to just ignore the decision of British people.

This is the problem with representative democracy. I prefer pure democracy (direct democracy), like Switzerland.

ReputationRep:

People need to realise there are other issues other than immigration that made people vote leave ( including myself) So a ignoring of the the right of 17 million people will unnecessarily turn who were moderates into more of racists and chaos will ensue.

Goodluck with that then
    Moderates turn into racists? Good because they were probably racist to begin with.

IT has already started anyway.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/art...e--W1WSKn_ZRVb

ReputationRep:
    "You chose elected people who are meant to oppose the will of the people and even though in this case the will of the people is to leave, if the MPs choose to remain that is democracy"

OP, sweetie, you don't understand democracy. You are laughable.

ReputationRep:
    OP confirmed for retard, troll or sub 60 IQ. There won't be a second referendum. You lost. Accept it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. No, they weren't.

It was just a high turnout of the white community in those areas that don't like ethnic minorities.

Ethnic minority turnout was lower and Pro-Remain.

Why the **** would ethnic minorities vote Leave? They don't care about immigration.
    Don't be so pathetic. Working class White people outside London have much more in common with immigrants than petty bourgeois White people have with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    They'd be Blood spilt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Don't be so pathetic. Working class White people outside London have much more in common with immigrants than petty bourgeois White people have with anyone else.
    hahahaha.

That is why they hate immigrants so much.

Next you will be telling me that they like Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha.

That is why they hate immigrants so much.

Next you will be telling me that they like Muslims.
    You must be quite poorly traveled if you think everyone outside London is a racist yokel. You should probably get an education and see more of the world before you end up a bitter, ignorant old man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    If Parliament blocked this it'd be a call to arms for all far right groups. It'd be a recruiting Sergeant for groups who have long said the government doesn't care about the white working class.
    I'd also bring more moderate groups into the conflict who aren't far right but want the result of the referendum to be respected.

In short, it'd be absolute chaos which is not what the county needs right now.
    Then so be it. I'd rather have half the country die fighting if it meant staying in the EU. If blood must be spilt then I look forward to seeing leavers in the battles to come

ReputationRep:
    You must be quite poorly traveled if you think everyone outside London is a racist yokel. You should probably get an education and see more of the world before you end up a bitter, ignorant old man.
    Didn't say everyone outside London was racist.

I just said that white, working class, poorly educated people in the deprived areas tend don't like immigration.

That is why they overwhelmingly voted Leave.

Don't even live in London. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    Then so be it. I'd rather have half the country die fighting if it meant staying in the EU. If blood must be spilt then I look forward to seeing leavers in the battles to come
    You really need to sort out your priorities.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    They are elected by us to represent us. However, in this case, we have already spoken and told them what we wish to do.
    They are also elected to promote our best interests whether we know what those are or not. The vast majority of this country does not understand what will be good for them. A lot of complicated issues, the referendum is one of them. I don't trust politicians much but what alternative do you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 👌🏻🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 🇬🇧🇬🇧

ReputationRep:
    Didn't say everyone outside London was racist.

I just said that white, working class, poorly educated people in the deprived areas tend don't like immigration.

That is why they overwhelmingly voted Leave.

Don't even live in London. LOL.
    Typical little Urbanite, probably never set foot outside his local borough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Typical little Urbanite, probably never set foot outside his local borough :rolleyes:
    hahahah. As much as I wish that was the case....unfortunately, it isn't.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.