ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantastic Fan)
    So how do we see the amount of followers another user has?
    Hover over their username

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the minimalist design at all. Its so difficult to use from a mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Not a massive fan of the quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hover over their username
    Thanks.

It's annoying how i didn't get the notification of your reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantastic Fan)
    Thanks.

It's annoying how i didn't get the notification of your reply
    No problem! My notifications seem to be working again now, they were gone before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Not a massive fan of the quotes.
    Me neither! The 'see more' feature just takes up space and isn't necessary most of the time
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Me neither! The 'see more' feature just takes up space and isn't necessary most of the time
    :ditto:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    I don't like the minimalist design at all. Its so difoficult to use from a mobile
    Hiya
    It shouldn't affect mobile, are you using the desktop version of the site on mobile?
    Jack
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Maybe it's different for me as I'm on a tablet but it often ends up being on top of the last line of text making it impossible to read. Also doesn't work if that line of text is hyper linked.
    I mean I support everything else but this is just a pain.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big fan of the fact we have to hover to see user information, but I suppose I'll get used to it

This isn't exactly a bug with the update but is there any way that I can stop getting emails saying "X replied to a thread you have posted in" because it completely clogs up my inbox. I'm fine with "X replied to you or followed you etc." but most of the time, I find them quite pointless

ReputationRep:
    That's wonderful!

Now can the basic problems in the site be fixed, like the clearing popup not working properly, the tendency for the site to randomly forget who you are, the infuriating slowness at times and the inability to browse the follower list beyond the first page?

To name but a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hiya
    It shouldn't affect mobile, are you using the desktop version of the site on mobile?
    Jack
    Nope, I'm using the mobile one since I'm out. Posts have been collapsed and I'm not a fan of the see more bit. What's the desktop one like now

(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    I'm not a big fan of the fact we have to hover to see user information, but I suppose I'll get used to it

This isn't exactly a bug with the update but is there any way that I can stop getting emails saying "X replied to a thread you have posted in" because it completely clogs up my inbox. I'm fine with "X replied to you or followed you etc." but most of the time, I find them quite pointless
    hover over your username in the top bar, 'customise my TSR > change my email settings'

Maybe a green dot next to the username if they're online?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    Alright cool yeah whatever just please make TSR green again
    ^^
    Spoiler:
    Show
    quick someone start a petition!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    1. Fixing uploaded images so they are full size and not thumbnails (again)
    2. Added a Start New Thread button to all thread pages, whereas before they were only on Forum pages.
    3. Watched thread notifications - in a limited manner so as not to bombard you
    4. Moved user info into the hover menu on thread pages to reduce the wasted white space in discussions
    5. Changed quotes so they are reduced in size and you click a 'see more' link to read the full thing so that you can see the full thread more easily
    1. Sounds excellent
    2. Maybe this could be limited to forums you can actually post in? Like there's one in this thread which, obviously, leads to a "no access" page for most of us
    3. This will definitely get annoying :/
    4. not a fan, I much preferred it before with the user info. Realistically it saves very, very little whitespace with the new layout...
    5. I like this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Most of them seem good
    Agreed but are people's notifications weird?? Mine aren't showing up and then disappear when I open the box again.
    How do i fix thissss

Edit/: problem seems to have been fixed. Ignore me I'm confused
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes... hate to be a pain, but the 'popups' need to be fixed :erm:

:judge::judge:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...o=emailoptions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana208)
    Agreed but are people's notifications weird?? Mine aren't showing up and then disappear when I open the box again.
    How do i fix thissss
    You will gradually get used to the way every improvement announced on TSR introduces half a dozen new problems. Sigh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.