Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

support packs for suicidal teenagers in hospital Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a great idea, but I don't believe these kind of things would help... try to just go for something simple, so they get to feel that someone cares about them...I think that's the most that you can do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'm with the majority here. When I felt suicidal / depressed, I just wanted a hug and someone to talk to.
    Tiger Rag, I agree but its hard for us to do that. so that's why we thought of the support box idea, we can point people in the right direction so they can get help as well as things that will help in the while they are in hospital and after they leave.

(Original post by bluefireghost)
    hi, I don't like your term "fix". You can't fix a suicidal person but you can help them to help themselves. That's the whole idea.
    It's an honourable idea, but will ultimately backfire. Inspirational quotes just piss suicidal people off as it makes them feel even worse for failing to end their lives.

Suicidal people need serious medical help if they're ever going to get better. *

ReputationRep:
    Tiger Rag, I agree but its hard for us to do that. so that's why we thought of the support box idea, we can point people in the right direction so they can get help as well as things that will help in the while they are in hospital and after they leave.
    Having been in this situation myself, it's a no-no :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    When I was in hospital I just wanted my belt back so my trousers didn't keep falling down . If you could include that in your pack that would be great.
    McNuggetsAhoy, for obvious reasons we cant put a belt in a support pack that could be given to a suicidal person. I can understand you would have been frustrated but we can't put it in because it poses a risk that we won't take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Having been in this situation myself, it's a no-no :no:
    A-LJLB, I have been in this situation myself as well, the initial support box would point people in the direction of help. since you have been in this situation is there anything that you would have found helpful? any ideas would be amazing.

A-LJLB, I have been in this situation myself as well, the initial support box would point people in the direction of help. since you have been in this situation is there anything that you would have found helpful? any ideas would be amazing.
    As someone who's also been in that position, I'd want intensive medical care, but also just to have my closest friends there. They're what matter to me.*

ReputationRep:
    Personally? I would just want the medical care to make me physically better. I wouldn't want a support box, it would make me feel worse.
    I do have a sort of similar idea, although I'm not going to share it as in the future I'm hoping to do it myself.

ReputationRep:
    Stickers wall that has inspirational quotes to put on their bedroom or the place where they live. You can either make them by hand even though if it is time-consuming, it would mean a lot to those feeling depressed . Spend time with them and basically talk to them even for few minutes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.