jesuss

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Natural explanations, no matter how unlikely, will always trump supernatural ones because the former can conceivably have happened, whereas the latter could not as no serious and accepted evidence for the supernatural has ever been provided. There's even an institution that offers a million pounds for anyone who can demonstrate supernatural abilities under controlled conditions and after all this time there hasn't been a single claimant.

Why would we believe ludicrous claims about future events that are 1) completely implausible and 2) violate laws of nature? Do you believe the apocalypse predictions of other religions?
    Read Nostradamus he has had a lot of good predictions

ReputationRep:
    Natural explanations, no matter how unlikely, will always trump supernatural ones because the former can conceivably have happened, whereas the latter could not as no serious and accepted evidence for the supernatural has ever been provided. There's even an institution that offers a million pounds for anyone who can demonstrate supernatural abilities under controlled conditions and after all this time there hasn't been a single claimant.

Why would we believe ludicrous claims about future events that are 1) completely implausible and 2) violate laws of nature? Do you believe the apocalypse predictions of other religions?
    How could it have happened? As far as I'm aware scuba diving wasn't around back then and even if it was why would someone go to all that trouble to put all those remains at the bottom of a sea potentially endangering their own lives?

I understand why you are skeptical, but no, to answer your question, I do not because I know there is only God and one Lord.

Anyway, trying to convince you is a lost cause. You will see for yourself in the future but by then it will be too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inside10)
    AngryRedhead This is a signal. Be careful
    What are you on about now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    How could it have happened? As far as I'm aware scuba diving wasn't around back then and even if it was why would someone go to all that trouble to put all those remains at the bottom of a sea potentially endangering their own lives?

I understand why you are skeptical, but no, to answer your question, I do not because I know there is only God and one Lord.

Anyway, trying to convince you is a lost cause. You will see for yourself in the future but by then it will be too late
    Theres no use. Explain something outside of science to atheists is beyond impossible

ReputationRep:

Anyway, trying to convince you will is a lost cause. You will see for yourself in the future but by then it will be too late
    I'm not an archaeologist, but I'm sure there are plausible, natural explanations such as being thrown into the sea. And not knowing does not make "God did it" a plausible explanation, that's the God of the Gaps fallacy.

I won't see it in the future because it won't happen. Again, just as you give no credence to other religions I give none to yours.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an archaeologist, but I'm sure there are plausible, natural explanations such as being thrown into the sea. And not knowing does not make "God did it" a plausible explanation, that's the God of the Gaps fallacy.

I won't see it in the future because it won't happen. Again, just as you give no credence to other religions I give none to yours.
    I'm not an archaeologist either but I know no human on earth can throw things that far out and I'm pretty sure they didn't have the technology back then to throw things that far out either, at least not without displaying serious damage which the objects did not.

You will see it, of this I'm 100% certain.

ReputationRep:
    Theres no use. Explain something outside of science to atheists is beyond impossible
    He will find out. Everyone will.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an archaeologist either but I know no human on earth can throw things that far out and I'm pretty sure they didn't have the technology back then to throw things that far out either, at least not without displaying serious damage which the objects did not.

You will see it, of this I'm 100% certain.
    Events that supposedly violate physical laws cannot be proven through ambiguous inferences I'm afraid.

And I am 100% certain I won't.

ReputationRep:
    Events that supposedly violate physical laws cannot be proven through ambiguous inferences I'm afraid.

That's okay, we will just have to agree to disagree, but do consider yourself warned

ReputationRep:

Scientists dont even know how the universe started. The theories are just guesses. Does that mean the universe doesnt exist

ReputationRep:
    That's okay, we will just have to agree to disagree, but do consider yourself warned
    Meaningless warning. Just like me warning you of the wrath of Thor's war hammer.

ReputationRep:
    He will find out. Everyone will.
    No he wont. Science is too inferior for that lol.

ReputationRep:
    Meaningless warning. Just like me warning you of the wrath of Thor's war hammer.
    :laugh:

Okay then, except I have personal experience of God and I know He exists, unlike Thor

ReputationRep:
    Scientists dont even know how the universe started. The theories are just guesses. Does that mean the universe doesnt exist
    The universe in its current form began with an expansion known as the Big Bang. And as already mentioned, not knowing does not mean "God did it" is a plausible explanation. You're not going to prove God indirectly through inferences and on the back of current scientific ignorance. You're going to need to produce direct, testable evidence.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

Okay then, except I have personal experience of God and I know He exists, unlike Thor
    Every religious person says they know their god exists. A Norse pagan will say he has a personal experience of Thor and knows your deity isn't real.

ReputationRep:
    @keepyy

Title: Jesus (not jesuss) - just thought that was strange.

ReputationRep:
    Every religious person says they know their god exists. A Norse pagan will say he has a personal experience of Thor and knows your deity isn't real.
    How can they when people raised as muslims or christian turn to agnosticism later on in life? I highly doubt these people knew their god personally and had him indwelling inside them

ReputationRep:
    The universe in its current form began with an expansion known as the Big Bang. And as already mentioned, not knowing does not mean "God did it" is a plausible explanation. You're not going to prove God indirectly through inferences and on the back of current scientific ignorance. You're going to need to produce direct, testable evidence.
    Thats just a flawed theory which only about half of the scientists believe. Also with your logic, if you cant prove it, it doesnt exist. We cant prove the universe exist. We dont even know what the universe is yet scientists say its expanding etc We need direct testable evidence for that and theres literally no evidence to suggest that there is a universe/ its expanding. Just flawed scientific theories which half of the scientists dont believe in

ReputationRep:
    Also, how can people like nostradammus predict future. There are many religious texts which predict future. There are many supernatural events which have happened. Just because science cant explain it doesnt mean its not real.

ReputationRep:
    Thats just a flawed theory which only about half of the scientists believe. Also with your logic, if you cant prove it, it doesnt exist. We cant prove the universe exist. We dont even know what the universe is yet scientists say its expanding etc We need direct testable evidence for that and theres literally no evidence to suggest that there is a universe/ its expanding. Just flawed scientific theories which half of the scientists dont believe in
    Nonsense. It is the most comprehensive and supported theory out there for the origins of the universe accepted by the majority of scientists.

What are you on about there being no evidence for the universe? It's all around you! There is plenty of evidence for its expansion, ranging from red shifted galaxies, cosmic background radiation and the black colour of the night sky.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.