Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good god, we could actually have Michael Gove in charge of a Brexit government.

What a swell week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I don't know. I think a lot of rank and file Tories will be full of love for the ghastly Gove as they will imagine it was him wot won it for them in the EU referendum.
    What a bloody shambles, Gove is another politician who is adored by his inner circle but hated by the mainstream electorate. Conservatives emulating Labour's mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    We need a strong pro Brexit PM like Boris or Gove to deal with Europe.

Having Terrisa, someone who's been pro-remain for all these years only to suddenly come up and say "Oh well I am up to the job of Brexit" now the leadership is open is ridiculous. She stinks of Corbyn levels of contradiction and backtracking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Good god, we could actually have Michael Gove in charge of a Brexit government.

What a swell week.
    "I think people in this country have had enough of experts".
    -- M Gove

Better sack everyone in charge of anything then. We only need the Gove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remiremi)

Having Terrisa, someone who's been pro-remain for all these years only to suddenly come up and say "Oh well I am up to the job of Brexit" now the leadership is open is ridiculous. She stinks of Corbyn levels of contradiction and backtracking.
    This is damaging the UK more than Brexit. The spineless opportunism.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    "I think people in this country have had enough of experts".
    -- M Gove

Better sack everyone in charge of anything then. We only need the Gove.
    No, obviously PM Gove will need help. Chancellor Leadsom, Perpetual Home Secretary May, Foreign Secretary Hannan, and Lord Chancellor Rees-Mogg will have important roles to play. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, jumps off the sinking ship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remiremi)

NO, we need a PM who is unbiased and has capacity to derive reasonable decisions from looking at plain facts. None of the candidates are like this, though, so we can only expect this country to go down the drain and it's already going.
    • Very Important Poster

What a farce. As the leader of the brexit campaign he should be PM. No way should a remainer like May become PM because how can she be trusted to negotiate for what the brexiters want (if they know themselves)? Has to be Gove, then or Nigel or Hanaan.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    He is more scary, because of the higher level of imcompetence, I think he has little chance of winning or even getting on the ballot.

I've been saying the final two will be May and Crabb and that's looking more and more likely.
    I think election of Crabb would be a step sideways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    No, obviously PM Gove will need help. Chancellor Leadsom, Perpetual Home Secretary May, Foreign Secretary Hannan, and Lord Chancellor Rees-Mogg will have important roles to play. :laugh:
    Oh what excitement, what a charming prospect!

All that remains now is to ennoble Baron Boris of Prevarication-on-Sea and have him as First Minister of Porkies from the Lords.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Thankfully the Tories don't leave the leadership solely in the hands of the base. Let's hope the MP's are somewhat more sensible than the base.
    Neither do Labour. The MPs nominated the candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Gove uses the Roman 'VI' instead of '6'. But writes it small-i.

Pretentious? Moi?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Neither do Labour. The MPs nominated the candidates.
    But as far as I am aware the membership votes on all of them, compared to the Tories only getting to vote on the last two candidates after MP's have eliminated the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    What a farce. As the leader of the brexit campaign he should be PM. No way should a remainer like May become PM because how can she be trusted to negotiate for what the brexiters want (if they know themselves)? Has to be Gove, then or Nigel or Hanaan.
    What are you on about. He was a pro-European until he thought he had a chance of becoming PM by playing the leave campaign. He has now split the country and destroyed the Tory party. Just exactly what credentials (other than being a foolish buffoon) does he have to reunite again?

And Gove has done himself out of a job too. Why on earth would anyone trust someone who so openly stabs people in the back?

I never thought I would say this, but my bet right now is on Theresa I-want-to-spy-on-you-all May.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by ByEeek)
    What are you on about. He was a pro-European until he thought he had a chance of becoming PM by playing the leave campaign. He has now split the country and destroyed the Tory party. Just exactly what credentials (other than being a foolish buffoon) does he have to reunite again?

And Gove has done himself out of a job too. Why on earth would anyone trust someone who so openly stabs people in the back?

I never thought I would say this, but my bet right now is on Theresa I-want-to-spy-on-you-all May.
    Its not about my preference or personal views on either, but as Brexit won, then they should be the ones to negotiate the exit. As leaders of the campaign, then one of them should become PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)

I believe she is lobbying for Windows 10 and Apple iOs to log your emotions and have them recorded by Capita for use in insurance policy vetting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its not about my preference or personal views on either, but as Brexit won, then they should be the ones to negotiate the exit. As leaders of the campaign, then one of them should become PM.
    Brexit was about should we stay or should we go and just that. It wasn't a manifesto of what will happen afterwards. If anything, we should have a general election to decide who leads the country forward from this point on.

ReputationRep:
    I believe she is lobbying for Windows 10 and Apple iOs to log your emotions and have them recorded by Capita for use in insurance policy vetting.
    Not quite. She wanted to keep a record of everything you ever typed or thought so that she could Google the word "terrorist" and have all those who used it locked up without trial. Still, at least we have the European Human Rights legislation to prevent the government from exerting its will over the people..... oh dear!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.