Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend refusing to have sex with me... watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds as though you're pressurising her into it, which for me personally, would make me less likely want to sleep with you.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: What does contraception have to do with sex? You know she has two other holes right? It's better for her if she doesn't go on the pill. It's really bad for women's health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    :confused: What does contraception have to do with sex? You know she has two other holes right? It's better for her if she doesn't go on the pill. It's really bad for women's health.
    Loooool... So much for boasting to be a strong, straight, alpha male in the other thread.

It's OK to be a virgin. No need to hide it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    With someone who doesn't want to? Yes.

Are you even realising how ridiculous what you're saying sounds?

How is it his fault that she doesn't want to have sex?

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Sounds as though you're pressurising her into it, which for me personally, would make me less likely want to sleep with you.
    I don't think it's pressurising. But even if it was, the alternative here is saying nothing and having a 0% chance of her sleeping with him anyway.

Plus obviously he's tried rationally asking many times in the past otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. Why would OP make it before exhausting all other options/forms of help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Ive actually had to pay a heavy price for it,so you're right*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    biggest pile of ******** ive ever heard in my life, mate shes playing you, you can go on the pill at any weight, and theres more forms of contraception than just the pill..shes probably got someone else on the side:/
    I'm sorry but why would she choose to waste her time and stay with him if she's already getting it elsewhere

(Original post by unprinted)
    There are more things to do than have intercourse.

If you were to have intercourse with her knowing that she really doesn't want to - and 'unless we had a big massive argument about it and she felt obliged to do it' comes very close to that - what does that make you?
    It makes him a man in the wrong relationship.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by asoftersin)
    I've been with my girlfriend around about 18 months now. At the start of the relationship we had sex often, however around the 6 month mark that slowed down and would only do it once a month and then at the nine month mark it stopped completely, unless we had a big massive argument about it and she felt obliged to do it. She says the reason she doesn't want to do it is because she does not trust contraception and first told me just to wait a few weeks until the Christmas holidays until she could go and see the doctor in her home town, but she didn't go. She then said that she would go at Easter. She didn't go then. She said that she's a bit on the overweight side to go on the pill right now but will slim down over this summer and then get it at the end of the summer. We are due to move in together at the end of August and it seems she's not been trying. I'm getting worried that she won't feel like she's lost enough weight to want to go on the pill to be told wait until next Christmas. I've been really fair and understanding but I told her that it would be the end if she didn't go on the pill. I'm not bothered about her going on the pill if she was fine using condoms. It's really bothering me and stressing me out and everytime I bring it up I get shut down and told it's fine stop worrying it will get sorted.
    I wouldn't give her an ultimatum because she might just end the relationship because of it. She might say she doesn't like the pressure you're putting on her. If you really love her I would give her some time. Maybe in a few months you can bring it up again and tell her how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    lmao! someones weight does my effect their ability to go on the pill

THERES NO WEIGHT RESTRICTION FOR THE PILL!

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    This is possibly the issue here, even if he doesn't think he's pressurising her, she probably feels like he is. I know this was an issue in my relationship. When I was depressed my sex drive literally hit zero - I never, ever wanted it and I had been in my relationship for years. I made up all sorts of excuses; I was tired, I felt ill, I had to nip out etc. etc.

My partner at first kept trying and trying and it got to the point where I started getting annoyed. I explained to him I just wasn't in the mood and he just couldn't understand. After weeks and weeks of this we were both arguing constantly and I used to dread coming home on a evening because in my eyes, I was going home to get nagged for sex that I didn't want. I understand men have needs but I was in a bad place emotionally and his constant harassment just made me feel worse

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This is the reason why I don't want to have sex before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Ive actually had to pay a heavy price for it,so you're right*
    Once, I took a girl I was seeing to the GP to get the cap fitted. I explained to her why the pill was so deleterious for her and she agreed not to go on it. She's Jap so her English isn't very good, and my parents told me to take her. I did, and the nutty GP woman started pressuring her to take the pill, saying how the cap was outdated, no one uses it anymore, asking if I was pressuring her to go on the cap (presumably because I want her to get pregnant??? :confused:). When I called her out as a brainless idiot (in nicer terms), she refused to prescribe anything. I walked out of there and told my girl to try and get it from her.She comes out 10 minutes later with google translated NHS propaganda of how awesome the pill is.:sigh: One of the few benefits of the TTIP is that the ****in' NHS would be destroyed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I understand men have needs
    Men know how to masturbate.

The rest of the post is spot on.

ReputationRep:
    most certainly. But there will always be that one rebellious wench :mmm:
    No room for rebellion when it comes to fundamental arrangements. My way or the high way :yy:

At what stage in your relationships does it usually go from just sex to love making?
    Only happened to me with one girl so can't comment as if an authority and shouldn't think there are any arbitrary criteria other than 'feeling it'. You'll know when it happens, though, your spirit is soothed, your senses heightened

Would you care if they didn't want to put out at an early stage?
    Makes no difference to me e.g. would (also) date other wenches if she was just a random, or be patient if she meant something. That said, if we were talking months rather than days/weeks then I'd have to have a serious word, as there's no point getting closer until you've established whether you're sexually compatible

Being in an intimate relationship and having regular sex with someone special would be very very nice, NGL
    Good girl
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    How is it his fault that she doesn't want to have sex?
    His reaction to her initial change in her desire for it.

The way to improve things is to be supportive and helpful..

.. not pressurise her, have 'big massive arguments about it', and have sex with her when he knows she doesn't really want to do it, but merely feels 'obliged to do it'.

ReputationRep:
    So can fatties take all forms of the pill or not.. seems a few people had this misconception including myself if its a myth..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    No room for rebellion when it comes to fundamental arrangements. My way or the high way :yy:

Only happened to me with one girl so can't comment as if an authority and shouldn't think there are any arbitrary criteria other than 'feeling it'. You'll know when it happens, though, your spirit is soothed, your senses heightened

Makes no difference to me e.g. would (also) date other wenches if she was just a random, or be patient if she meant something. That said, if we were talking months rather than days/weeks then I'd have to have a serious word, as there's no point getting closer until you've established whether you're sexually compatible

Good girl
    wowzers

:innocent: *I have experienced such things*

Patience is a virtue I guess. *But what if you're not sexually compatible,what do you do then? I think it's a deal breaker but to if they meant something to me,I wouldn't leave because of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Once, I took a girl I was seeing to the GP to get the cap fitted. I explained to her why the pill was so deleterious for her and she agreed not to go on it. She's Jap so her English isn't very good, and my parents told me to take her. I did, and the nutty GP woman started pressuring her to take the pill, saying how the cap was outdated, no one uses it anymore, asking if I was pressuring her to go on the cap (presumably because I want her to get pregnant??? :confused:). When I called her out as a brainless idiot (in nicer terms), she refused to prescribe anything. I walked out of there and told my girl to try and get it from her.She comes out 10 minutes later with google translated NHS propaganda of how awesome the pill is.:sigh: One of the few benefits of the TTIP is that the ****in' NHS would be destroyed.
    I was getting really bad side effects. So hopefully,I'll never be taking it ever again*

ReputationRep:
    :innocent: *I have experienced such things*
    Not like you may do in future.. whole other level

what if you're not sexually compatible, what do you do then?
    1) Try to identify why

2) Try to work around/overcome it

3) Call it and resolve to be good friends/part of a harem e.g. until such times as things change

if they meant something to me, I wouldn't leave because of it
    How quaint :hippe:

I was getting really bad side effects. So hopefully,I'll never be taking it ever again*
    People, like the guy you quoted, are only really just beginning to become alive to the insidious nature of the pharma-industrial-complex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This is the reason why I don't want to have sex before marriage.
    And then the guy you thought was "right" might cheat on you. Waiting doesn't change the human condition

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.