Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Richard Dawkins another who wants a second referendum Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    How very democratic.
    democracy is over rated tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
    The complainers might be mindful of the fact that we NEVER got to vote whether we joined the EU in the first place. That is the greater travesty. We should be uncovering why that was, and how UK politicians were able to make such monumentous changes without ever having the will or consent of the country's population.

It would have been a fair situation if we had been allowed such a referendum and in the process, been properly informed of EU laws, regulations and told just how little power and influence Britain had within the EU together with the EU changes that would be likely eventually be made to our justice system.
    We did vote to join the common market but tbf that has changed a lot into the European Union

ReputationRep:
    Dawkins is in the Dawkins business.

ReputationRep:
    If we have a second, then it logically follows we can have a third, and a fourth...and so on.
    He wants an undemocratic stitch up, a fixed vote and then a binding decision based on a second referendum, not the first. Unreal arrogance. I am an athiest, but you are an utterly smug, self-satisfied tool Dawkins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    Personally, I think a situation where the views of 52% make the views of 48% democratically redundant is not true democracy.
    Then you should want every general election to have been re-run since 1931.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Then you should want every general election to have been re-run since 1931.
    Depends on who won and lost them. These types only find problems with democracy when it doesn't go their way. A bunch of babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Ok fine . Just as so long as it's made perfectly clear to people that if this happens it will likely lead to UKIP picking up 3 million more working class voters leading to weaker governments for many years ,an increase in racial incidents -I don't need to explain why do I ?- all the problems that we would still have from having too many migrants and not enough housing etc and millions of people who hate the whole system not to mention even greater division.

That's what you want is it ? Presumably yes.
    I know. The myopia of these people is frustrating. Give the people a vote on something...........then disregard it and disenfranchise the people when they choose the wrong thing. I'm sure they'll have no problem with that and it definitely won't inflame things and polarise people. It'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Really?
    The mammoth and the pterodactyl are also applying for a re-run of natural selection and they expect to do better this time.

ReputationRep:
    too bad.

ReputationRep:
    So if remain win are we having a best of 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    For God's sake I wish people would shut up about this.
    At least they are keeping wanting to fight on.

If Remain had won would Farage have rolled over and raised the white flag of surrender and got UKIP to change their constitution to "accepting Britain's future in Europe"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.